ESL Instructors Are Wanted In China
Date 2013-07-21 05:07:20 Location : Asia:China
We are currently looking for ESL teachers to work in our joint-ventured US Language & Culture Exchange Center in China for the semester starting September 1st, 2013. We are committed to promoting U.S.-China educational exchange, as well as to building a special and comprehensive series of programs to respond to Chinese academic needs. This is an excellent opportunity for the teachers who have the passion, the desire, and the knowledge, to contribute to such a mission.
The US Language & Culture Exchange Center (LCEC) is located in Zibo, Shandong Province, China. The LCEC is affiliated with two local colleges, and is the first Language & Culture Exchange Center in this major city. The intention of the LCEC is:
1) To deliver English classes the way similar to that of US colleges. You will serve both as a liaison between our New York based school and Chinese partner colleges, and as an educator. We offer a very supportive environment, excellent teaching materials, the latest educational technologies and a chance for your career advancement.
2) To provide intensive training courses for those interested in teaching English in China.
3) To provide advanced study in English for high school students or college students by concentrating on specific subjects (cultural artistic, scientific, etc.), as opposed to the usual ESL teaching which concentrates on teaching English as a subject.
The ages of the students range from 16 to mid-twenties, from high school to college. Classes in the high school may run up to about 45 students per class; those in the college sections will be smaller. Computers and projectors are used in the classrooms as part of an intensive, communicative experience. Teaching assistants and administrative supports will be provided, so you can focus on teaching your classes and will not be overburdened with paper work.
We are using compilations of our own materials, towards which each teacher is welcome to contribute.While the focus is on teaching the English language, the program can be fashioned around the ability of the teachers to teach classes in other subjects, ranging from science to culture and the arts.
* Native English speaker from USA, Canada.
* Master preferred, not necessarily in ESL or English.
* Energetic, open minded with a desire to work in China
* Interested in creating joyful, compassionate, engaged and empowering learning opportunities for non-native speakers
* Maximum 30 hours teaching per week
* Up to 10 hours admin duties per week
* Deliver engaging, effective, learner-centered lessons to students
* Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner
* Actively participate in professional development workshops and activities
* Attend center activities, parties, open houses and other events
* Total monthly package worth approximately 10,000 RMB/Month (1USD=6.13 RMB) depending on experience and duties, including free, comfortable housing and meals.
* Paid holidays (Chinese Public holidays + Christmas and New Year''''s Day)
* Health insurance provided
* Visa documents provided
* Free Chinese Mandarin lessons
* Option of continue to stay throughout second year and base salary will be increased.
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.