ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Assistant Professor / English Language Instructor positions - See more at: http://careers.tesol.org/jobs/5674854/assistant-professor-english-language-instructor-positions-in-the-faculty-of-communicati
Date 2013-09-10 11:09:35 Location : Asia:Japan
Founded in 1953, Nagoya University of Commerce and Business is situated on an exceptionally beautiful campus in the most economically productive region of Japan: Nagoya. One of the leading business schools in Japan, NUCB consistently receives high academic rankings and is strongly committed to global standards for excellence in scholarship and research. It is also the only business school in Japan to be accredited by both AACSB International and AMBA. NUCB comprises of just over 3,500 students and 100 teaching staff. About 30 of the teaching staff are from abroad.
We invite motivated and academically distinguished linguistic scholars and language instructors to join us in achieving our ambitious goals of our faculty. We are seeking to fill two positions for the 2014 academic year (contracts will start in April 2014).
Duties & responsibilities:
• Teaching responsibilities: 7 classes of 100 minutes per week, focusing on English language and cross-cultural communication with the aim of increasing student TOEFL/TOEIC scores. • Non-teaching responsibilities: maintain office hours, provide additional support to students, conduct and publish research, and participate in all official university functions. • Active participation in curriculum reform and development.
• Two-year renewable contract with a highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. • Salary scheme includes an additional annual bonus and an end-of-contract bonus. • Holiday in line with normal Japanese university conventions. • Excellent benefits package including private health insurance. • Financial and other assistance in relocating to Japan (including obtaining a Japanese work visa) will be provided if necessary.
Please gather the following application materials:
1. Curriculum vitae including passport-type photo. 2. List of academic and other publications. 3. Letter of recommendation from current/previous academic supervisor/employer. 4. Proof of degree qualifications, certificates etc. 5. Statement of teaching and research philosophy and goals.
To apply for this position, please assemble all the application materials detailed above in electronic form, and email them to email@example.com
Applicants who meet the stated criteria will be contacted immediately upon receipt and invited for an interview either in person if they are Japan-based, or by Skype if based overseas.
October 16th 2013
1. A masters degree (Ph.D. preferred) in applied linguistics or cross-cultural communication combined with experience of teaching at a higher educational institution. 2. Qualified in and experience of teaching TESOL. 3. High level of English proficiency.
In addition to the minimum requirements stated above, the following qualities are desirable:
1. Experience of living and working in a cultural environment that may be different from their own. 2. Basic Japanese language ability is a bonus but not essential.
- See more at: http://careers.tesol.org/jobs/5674854/assistant-professor-english-language-instructor-positions-in-the-faculty-of-communication#sthash.xKnG1w2X.dpuf