ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teach in Peru
Date 2013-09-13 11:09:04 Location : Africa
We are a language school in Peru and Ecuador founded back in 1988 by young people from South America and around the world. Throughout all our history we put great effort into the quality of our classes, achieving a level way over average, while still being more affordable than most other schools. In Quito we are the oldest still existing school teaching Spanish. And although there are more than 130 schools nowadays, we have always been and still are the one setting the pace of innovation regarding as well teaching methodology as well cultural immersion. Besides various programs in the jungle, the Andes and at the coast we originally invented travelling classrooms where you are actually travelling the country side by side with your teacher. And up to today we are the only school offering this.
Our success is what makes us proud and keeps us working. Join our history of excellence.
At our newest but fast growing location Chiclayo we need YOU to teach English to small groups of local Peruvians. If you do not speak Spanish yet or are out of practice we prepare you as long as you need. Our experienced teachers then get you ready to be confronted with your first class, where you can practice your newly gained language skills and methodology insights.
During your internship all your internship we provide you with a (shared) workplace in our office in Pimentel, Peru. You may choose to stay in our student residence next to the beach for free, or to get a subsidy for a stay with a host family. You may participate in our Spanish classes and conversation classes as long as you want. Also you can take part in all activities organized by the school (like weekend excursions, city tours…) at cost. An exciting, team-oriented job in an innovative and versatile company is awaiting you.
You may start at any time. We help you getting your visa.
• Monday to Friday: 04:00pm to 09:30pm (at maximum)
• Possibly Saturday or Sunday up to 4 hours in the morning or in the afternoon (after prior agreement)
• Weekly teaching hours round about 25 to a maximum of 31 hours
• Weekly working hours (including preparation of class material) at maximum 40
• You are currently studying teaching post / education
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• You are open to working in an international team but can also be responsible on your own
• At least 3 months of commitment
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
• You already know Spanish
• You already got practical experiences in teaching
• You can bring your own laptop
• 3-12 months of commitment
• Help with getting your visa
• Free accommodation in the student residence or subsidy to a host family
• Free participation in all our language courses during your internship period
• Free conversation classes
• Free lunch with the team
• Optional participation in all activities organized by the school
• Free luggage deposit if you wish to travel after your internship