ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
English Language Teacher Trainers in Malaysia
Date 2013-09-16 06:09:16 Location : Southeast Asia
You will have the opportunity to utilise your teacher training and mentoring skill to make a real difference to the quality of English language teaching and learning. To be successful in this role, you will need to be independent, flexible, resilient and self-motivated. Many postings will be in remote, rural locations and while we provide an extensive professional and pastoral support network you will need to be comfortable with often being the sole trainer in the community you work in.
Criteria 1: Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Candidates must have a degree in English / TESL / TEFL / ELT; or
• Candidates with degrees in other disciplines must have a Diploma in TESL /TEFL /ELT ; or
• A Masters in English / TESL / TEFL /ELT
Criteria 2: English Language Proficiency
• Candidates must submit a valid proficiency certification. Certification must be calibrated against CEFR, eg IELTS, TOEFL, Aptis
Criteria 3: Teaching Experience
• Have a minimum of at least five years’ experience teaching English language; AND
• Have some experience in teacher training in English language teaching;
It would be an added advantage if candidates:
• have conducted in-house training for lecturers
• have conducted CPD courses for school teachers
• have written materials/ resources for English Language teaching
Criteria 4: Soft skills
It is essential that trainers have the soft skills required to deal with adult learners who in some cases may also be reluctant learners. Trainers should, ideally, also understand the cultural context of working in Malaysia.