South Korea: Certified teachers needed to start Late December
Date 2013-09-16 06:09:09 Location : Asia:Korea
Certified teachers needed to start
Monthly Pay 2.55~2.95 Million Won based on Merits, 4 Weeks Paid Vacation, National Pension
KnK International Homeschool, which is located in Bundang, a satellite suburb of Seoul, is looking for qualified native teachers who can start to teach from December 30.
This is the perfect job for teachers who are looking for a great job, in a wonderful school with the strengths of a ''standard'' system without all the administrative red-tape.
The teacher will teach North American Elementary or Middle School subjects such as Language Arts, Science and Social Studies, from standard native-English texts (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Scholastic, etc.). We use a modified North American curriculum, with small class sizes (a maximum of 8 students per class), and MOST of the students either have already, or will soon, study & live overseas. The students are from 1st Grade to 9th Grade in Korean public/private schools.
We prefer the certified teachers who have previous teaching experience, from the U.S.A, Canada and/or another country''s elementary or middle school system.
* Native English Speaker
* BA/BS (or higher) in Elementary Education, English (Literature), History and other relevant majors (Speech Communications, Theater, Early Childhood, etc.)
* Preference is given to Certified Teachers, but a combination of TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification and work experience will also be considered.
* maximum 22.5-25 teaching hours a week (Teacher will teach a maximum of 30 classes of 45-50 minutes) and work 5 days a week (Monday through Friday). Except for RARE cases, there are NO Saturday classes.
* Detailed working hours
Mon~ Fri. 1:30pm (at the earliest during regular terms) - 10:00 pm (at the latest in regular terms) / During the regular semester, our school classes begin at 4 p.m and end at 9:30 p.m.
* No Split Shifts
* During Our Summer and Winter Intensives: Classes run Mon. thru Fri. 12:30 pm - 9:30 pm, therefore, possibilities exist for teachers to collect great over-time during Intensive months (usually held in August and January).
Salary: Basic Monthly Salary, Quarterly ''Merit'' Bonuses, and Severance
* Basic salary will be determined based on applicant''s education, qualifications, and teaching experience.(2.55-2.75 million Won per month)
*''Merit'' quarterly bonuses will be given at the end of each quarter, depending on a teacher''s performance in the previous three months.
* The Merit Bonus structure is as follows:
''Good'' Evaluation = 300,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
''Very Good'' Evaluation = 400,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
''Excellent'' Evaluation = 600,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
(Almost all of our teachers have received ''excellent'' evaluations and full bonuses for the past 5 years)
* Severance pay (or the equivalent of 1 month''s basic salary) will be given after the completion of a one-year contract.
* Single furnished housing that is comfortable and convenient
* 500,000 Won per month will be given as a housing allowance if the teacher does not need furnished housing provided.
* Round-trip Airfare
Benefits & Taxes
* 20,000 Won per hour for overtime
* 4 weeks paid vacation and all national holidays
* Medical insurance premium and national pension will be co-shared
* Income tax will be deducted at the standard National rate
* Scanned transcripts (for our files, originals are no longer required)
* Cover letter, explaining your goals and motivations for teaching in Korea
* Resume, with a recent photo
* Copy of university diploma. For Canadians, notarized by a notary public and certified by Korean consulate. For others, the diploma needs to be notarized and apostilled. Again, a scan/copy is fine for the initial application. Please note that the Korean Ministry of Education may require an original diploma to be presented after arrival.
* Copy of inside passport page with date of birth and nationality shown
* Two letters of recommendation, written by former employers.
* Copy of teacher certification (optional, but HIGHLY recommended)
* Applicant''s Health Statement (after offer of employment is made, please note that drug tests have been fully reinstated by Korean immigration)
* A criminal record check certificate. Again, scan is fine for initial application.
(In order to accept the position at KnK, a criminal record certificate must be prepared in advance. Please note Federal checks are now required.)
All documents can be submitted through mail or e-mail. If all of the required documents are not submitted, our recruitment process will not be initiated.
Please apply to our teaching position only after preparing all documents.
It is also important for you to be up to date on the latest Korean employment and immigration rules and regulations. Therefore, we strongly advise you to please contact your nearest Korean consulate to confirm any recent changes.
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.