ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Date 2013-11-01 10:11:59 Location : Middle East
Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia (LVSA) is part of the Laureate International Universities (http://www.Laureate.net)the world’s largest global education provider with more than 780,000 students in nearly 70 institutions across 29 countries and online.
LVSA has been operating in Saudi Arabia since 2009 with over 200 employees; currently there are seven operating vocational institutes and colleges in Riyadh, Al-Kharj, Jeddah, Rabigh (North from Jeddah) and Mecca. Our institutes offer a two-year and a three-year technical diploma program to Saudi trainees between the ages of 18-23. The first year program or Foundation Program entails the delivery of an Intensive English program as well as preparatory courses in Life and Study Skills, IT and Mathematics.
As part of the Laureate Global Network, Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia (LVSA) is seeking English Instructors for their well-established vocational institutes.
The LVSA English Instructor will be responsible for developing curriculum and teaching trainees in the Institute from A1 through B1 proficiency on the Common European Frame of Reference. Activities and operations include working with other Institute employees to identify areas of knowledge that require improvement within the trainee body, participating in the development of curriculum, coordinating with other Instructors to integrate curriculums, and teaching classes for up to 25 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
· Teach up to 25 hours per week, plus cover teaching if required
· Preparation of lessons
· Assessment and reporting of trainee progress
· Use technology such as LMS, iWBs, online testing and eLearning applications as mandated by institutional policies
· Counseling of trainees on their progress
· Attendance at department meetings and professional development sessions
· Work within the faculty on program development
· English mother tongue speakers. Non-mother tongue teachers of English should present a current IELTs 7.5 Academic certificate (or equivalent).
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree required from a recognized university in English language or Literature, TESOL, Applied Linguistics or Education with an English teaching major-essential.
· Master’s degree in the above – desirable
· Hold qualified teacher status in their home country or have recognized TEFL Teaching qualifications at CELTA, DELTA level or above.
· Minimum 3-5 years previous teaching experience in the post-secondary, technical and vocational sector
· Prior teaching experience in Saudi Arabia or the GCC is plus
· Highly organized and dependable
· Excellent computer aptitude, proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral English
· Experience using interactive whiteboards in the classroom preferred
· Strong collaborative skills, high energy, excellent follow-up skills, and highly effective relationship building skills
· Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse context
The appointment is for an initial period of one year with the possibility of extension
Salary ranges from 38,000USD to 45,000USD basic annual package + 15% of basic salary as undefined benefits + 10% end of year service (paid annually) + 25% housing allowance for males OR accommodation for single females
30 days annual vacation (tickets included)
Air ticket from home country & return ticket upon completion of contract
Subsidized educational development opportunities within the Laureate International Universities network towards a part-time Master's or Ph.D.Degree on selected on-line degree programs.