High School & Primary Teacher Needed
Date 2013-11-05 09:11:26 Location : Southeast Asia
Asia Pacific College Dong Nai (APC DN) is a K-12 bilingual school located in the city of Bien Hoa, Vietnam, which is approximately 28 km northeast of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. We are currently looking for qualified native English speaking teachers to teach primarily young learners at Primary and Lower Secondary School.
APC DN offers a dual curriculum with students taking the national Vietnamese academic program alongside a tiered English Program based on proficiency level (not grade level). For kindergarten, APC DN endorses a Montessori approach to learning while at the Primary and Secondary levels students are introduced to different subjects such as general English, science, social studies, and mathematics with the emphasis on a student-centered, communicative approach to instruction.
In just 3 years, APC DN has quickly grown to over 300 students (K 7 classes, Primary 7 classes, Lower secondary 4 classes) and will soon be opening a brand new school building in early August 2013. The new campus building will hold 14 brand new comfortable, air-conditioned classrooms equipped with computers and Internet access (~300 students capacity). There are two swimming pools, tennis courts, mini-basketball courts, a football field outfitted in astro-turf, an outdoor stadium, indoor auditorium, exercise facilities and a play yard for our little ones in order to best serve the recreational, leisure and fitness needs of our students and staff.
Current Teaching Vacancies:
- 2 Teachers: High School and Primary classes
Teacher Remuneration Package:
- 1500 1650 USD NET monthly salary (APC DN pays the taxes on your behalf)
- Salary offered is dependent on qualifications, experience, and teaching performance
- Increases in salary are based solely on work performance and offered in during contract renewal only;
- Full time annual teacher contract (school will provided assistance in obtaining work permit)
- 10 Paid Teaching Months (August May)
- Initial contract will have a 3-month probationary period
- All national holidays, school holidays and 2 weeks TET vacation are paid
- Summer vacation is non-paid leave (June July), however, summer school is available and will be negotiated separately based on need.
- Free communal housing is made available to all full-time teachers (housing is communal at houses/apartments owned by the school)
- These accommodations are within 10 minutes of the school campus
- NOTE: There is not an additional monthly monetary stipend if teacher refuses this benefit
- Monday Friday from 6:50 AM 4:30PM
- Average instructional time (contact hours) is 20-22 hours per week
- Weekly PLC Meetings for teacher collaboration (horizontal and vertical articulation)
- Monthly PD sessions (once per month for 3 hours)
- Weekly lesson plans for all classes are required
Teacher Support & Benefits
- Free communal housing (tenants are responsible for paying for utilities and maintenance)
- Teachers will have the same classes all year long providing the opportunity to establish strong rapport with students;
- Teachers Room with access to computers, Wi-Fi Internet, printers, and photocopy machine;
- Robust online teacher platform to track student marks, communicate with students and parents;
- Reflective peer observation program to support teaching team;
- Professional Learning Community (PLC) on a weekly basis for 1.5 hours to collaborate with team members;
- Professional Development once month, which focus on building teacher efficacy
- An experienced management team (Vice Principal and Principal) that will move heaven and hearth to make sure you have everything you need to do your job right!
First and foremost, you must love to work with young children. Secondly, you must be a positive, out-going, self-aware, reflective person who enjoys working in a team. Please no one-room-schoolhouse-mentality teachers need apply.
As for the formalities, applicants will need to be Native English speakers with:
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) and English language teaching certification (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL); or
- B.Ed / PGCE in TESOL / TEFL / Applied Linguistics
Previous teaching experience is preferred, however, newly certified teachers are more than welcome to apply. When applying, please send resume and a photo. Thanks.
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.