ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teach Young Learners in Tropical Indonesia
Date 2013-11-07 05:11:31 Location : Southeast Asia
Private Language School
Position:Full time English language teacher
Location:33 cities across Indonesia
Start date:Year round
We are currently recruiting dynamic English teachers to teach young learners students at our modern language schools throughout Indonesia. Are you looking to develop your career in one of Asia’s most vibrant and exciting countries, working alongside an international team of teachers where every day at work you will be making a real difference?
Candidates will use a variety of teaching methods along with their creativity and energy and a wide range of teaching materials and technology to engage students in a truly memorable and effective learning experience.
We are a truly global company, established in 1965 and now with over 400 centers around the world. We teach over 20,000 students in 65 schools throughout Indonesia and have established ourselves as the market leader for private language learning. We have positions available year round in cosmopolitan cities as well as in more exotic, rural locations. Popular cities include the capital Jakarta as well as Bali, Surabaya, Bandung, Semarang, Bogor, Yogyakarta and Solo.
The main age group range from 7 to 14 years old, although classes are also offered to younger students and older teenagers as well, ensuring teachers teach a wide variety of ages and abilities. This age group requires a lot of energy and passion as well as the ability to create excitement and fun in the classroom.
Teachers are encouraged to use their creativity to really bring the lesson alive and make the most of a variety of activities such as role plays, group work, competitions, drama and stories. The class sizes are kept small, to an average of 6-12 students, which allows for noticeable progress to be made and also makes classroom management that much easier.
Course materials & technology
Popular with students and teachers alike, our course books have been developed by a dedicated team of linguistic and educational experts. Course books are accompanied by a wide range of supplementary materials including flashcards, posters, handouts, CD’s, videos, songs and in-class computer applications, all essential for teachers to deliver varied and engaging classes. All schools have interactive white boards, connected to the internet and loaded with multimedia resources which add an exciting new dimension to how you teach.
Indonesia – The Country
Indonesia is a wonderful blend of people, cultures and ethnicities with a population of over 245 million, the fourth largest in the world. Located in South East Asia, Indonesia is a collection of 16,000 islands spread along equator with Australia to the south and Singapore and Vietnam to the north. Enjoy a pleasant climate ranging from 16 – 35 degrees throughout the year with two distinct seasons.
The capital city of Jakarta on the main island of Java is a hub of activity appealing to a diverse range of interests and lifestyles. Experience a mix of chic shopping malls and trendy bars alongside traditional food stalls and backstreet markets.
Outside of the capital Indonesia boasts some of the most break-taking natural beauty on the planet with endless possibilities for adventure and exploration, from the pristine beaches of Bali to the jungle treks in Bukit Lawang and much more.
· Bachelor’s degree in an English related subject (Education , TEFL, Linguistics or Literature)
· TEFL certificate (No TEFL? We recommendINTESOL, est. 1993, 30% discounts:http://www.GoldStarTeachers.com/INTESOL)
· Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
· Aged between 25 and 54 years old (for visa application)
· Can commit to a 12 month contract
· Outgoing, social, passionate about teaching, culturally aware
· Teach a variety of English classes to a range of abilities
· Total of 40 hours per week work, of which maximum of 24 hours per week is teaching
· Ensure students learn in a engaging manner
· Make good use of our extensive course materials and technology in the classroom
· Excellent salary (details provided once we receive your application)
· Accommodation or housing allowance provided in most locations
· Round trip flight reimbursement provided
· 12 days paid vacation per year in addition to public holidays
· Contract renewal bonus for most locations
· Legal work visa and permits provided
· On-going training and professional development
· Airport pick up
· Full medical insurance
· Indonesian classes
· Career development opportunities worldwide