ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Primary school teachers required for government run scheme in Hong Kong (NETs)
Date 2013-11-12 09:11:39 Location : Asia:China
Prime Teachers has been selected as the UK recruitment representative for the Hong Kong Education Bureau (HKEDB). We are looking for Native English-speaking Teachers (NETs) to join a popular government run scheme in Hong Kong, starting in August 2014. Successful candidates will be teaching students between the ages of 6 and 12 in aided and government primary schools in Hong Kong. The programme aims to enhance the teaching of English and increase students’ exposure to the English language.
- Prime Teachers have a team dedicated to this project, so our recruitment specialists will be on hand to assist shortlisted candidates throughout the recruitment process. If your CV is considered suitable for this position you will be sent a HKEDB application form to complete and you will have a pre-screen session with a member of our team.
- This position is highly sort after and shortlisted candidates will need to attend a face-to-face interview in London in February 2014
Essential Criteria for Primary Positions(to apply for the positions you MUST meet the client’s following requirements):
• Native English speaker or native English speaking competence
• Candidates must fit in to one of the following categories (category 1 being the most preferable):
Bachelor’s Degree in English, recognised teacher training qualification in primary education and TEFL/TESL certificate - at least 100 contact hours and a teaching practicum component.
Bachelor’s Degree (any subject), recognised teacher training qualification in primary education and TEFL/TESL certificate - at least 100 contact hours and a teaching practicum component.
Bachelor’s Degree (any subject), recognised teacher training qualification and TEFL/TESL certificate - at least 100 contact hours and a teaching practicum component.
Bachelor’s Degree (any subject) and TEFL/TESL certificate - at least 100 contact hours and a teaching practicum component.
Recognised teacher’s certificate obtained after at least 2 years’ full-time study or equivalent and TEFL/TESL certificate - at least 100 contact hours and a teaching practicum component
**Please note: qualifications must be recognised by the HKEDB**
• Salary from around HK$23,285– HK$ 47,290 (approx. £1,863* to £3,783*) per month - dependent on qualifications (see categories)
• End of contract gratuity, if performance and conduct have been satisfactory (approximately 15%)
• Return airfare reimbursed per contract (including luggage on first appointment)
• Cash retention incentive provided from third year of continuous service onwards
• Medical insurance allowance
Housing allowance for teachers whose normal residence is outside Hong Kong (HK$16,859 per month – approximately £1348*)
• Paid holiday as per the academic calendar (number of school days will vary, but the school year must be at least 190 days)
• Two year contract (renewable)
WE WILL NOT CONSIDER OR REPLY TO ANY APPLICATIONS IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE ESSENTIAL CRITERIA LISTED ABOVE SO PLEASE ENSURE YOU MATCH THE DETAILED REQUIREMENTS BEFORE APPLYING
*Based on an exchange rate HK$12.5 = £1 (subject to fluctuation)