ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Native-speaking English Teacher
Date 2013-11-16 05:11:26 Location : Asia:China
To (a) perform teaching duties, including supervision of students’ projects and fieldwork; (b) carry out duties in relation to student and academic administration; (c) organize campus-wide extra-curricular English activities for students; (d) coordinate language enhancement activities; (e) develop course curriculum and teaching / learning / assessment materials; (f) implement the VTC’s quality assurance policy; and (g) participate in departmental projects and functions, including research studies, seminars and exhibitions, where necessary.
The applicant should: (a) be a native-speaker of English (English being the person’s native language) or possess native-speaker’s competence; (b) have a relevant recognized undergraduate degree or equivalent* (e.g. English Language / Language Studies or Linguistics (Majoring in English) / English Literature / English & Communication / Translation (English subject)), preferably with post-graduate qualifications; (c) have at least three years’ relevant teaching experience#; (d) possess good interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills; and (e) be a good team player but also be able to work on own initiative and willing to meet challenges.
* Applicants with a recognized degree in a non-relevant field but a recognized and relevant English-teaching qualification may also apply, subject to the number of hours of instruction and practicum. Such relevant English-teaching qualifications include Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma in Education (Majoring in English) and other programs with assessed practicum (e.g. English for Specific Purposes (ESP), CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL and English-teaching certification recognized by TESL Canada).
# The three years’ relevant teaching experience should be full-time teaching of English subject at the level of Grade 10 or Form 4 or above. Candidates with less experience may be considered for the post of Teaching Associate.
Salary and Conditions:
1. The monthly salaries are
Lecturer : Around HK$37,000
Teaching Associate : Around HK$22,000
2. Initial appointment will be on a 2-year contract from end August 2014.
3. Employees may receive performance pay at the Council’s discretion.
1. Medical insurance will be provided.
2. Staff quarters on shared accommodation basis in Chai Wan, passage and baggage allowance will be provided for eligible appointees whose current / normal place of residence is proven to be outside Hong Kong.