Native-speaking English Teacher
Date 2013-11-16 05:11:26 Location : Asia:China
We are looking for native-speaking English candidates to take up teaching positions as Lecturer or Teaching Associate in Hong Kong.
To (a) perform teaching duties, including supervision of students projects and fieldwork; (b) carry out duties in relation to student and academic administration; (c) organize campus-wide extra-curricular English activities for students; (d) coordinate language enhancement activities; (e) develop course curriculum and teaching / learning / assessment materials; (f) implement the VTCs quality assurance policy; and (g) participate in departmental projects and functions, including research studies, seminars and exhibitions, where necessary.
The applicant should: (a) be a native-speaker of English (English being the persons native language) or possess native-speakers competence; (b) have a relevant recognized undergraduate degree or equivalent* (e.g. English Language / Language Studies or Linguistics (Majoring in English) / English Literature / English & Communication / Translation (English subject)), preferably with post-graduate qualifications; (c) have at least three years relevant teaching experience#; (d) possess good interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills; and (e) be a good team player but also be able to work on own initiative and willing to meet challenges.
* Applicants with a recognized degree in a non-relevant field but a recognized and relevant English-teaching qualification may also apply, subject to the number of hours of instruction and practicum. Such relevant English-teaching qualifications include Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma in Education (Majoring in English) and other programs with assessed practicum (e.g. English for Specific Purposes (ESP), CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL and English-teaching certification recognized by TESL Canada).
# The three years relevant teaching experience should be full-time teaching of English subject at the level of Grade 10 or Form 4 or above. Candidates with less experience may be considered for the post of Teaching Associate.
Salary and Conditions:
1. The monthly salaries are
Lecturer : Around HK$37,000
Teaching Associate : Around HK$22,000
2. Initial appointment will be on a 2-year contract from end August 2014.
3. Employees may receive performance pay at the Councils discretion.
1. Medical insurance will be provided.
2. Staff quarters on shared accommodation basis in Chai Wan, passage and baggage allowance will be provided for eligible appointees whose current / normal place of residence is proven to be outside Hong Kong.
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.