ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Instructors, English as a Second Language - Kuwait
Date 2014-03-21 10:03:14 Location : Middle East
Algonquin College is one of the largest Community Colleges in Ontario, Canada serving 18,000 full time students and 36,000 part time students in many different program areas. Algonquin College has partnered with Orient Education Services to establish Algonquin College-Kuwait which will open September 2014. The English & Academics Foundation Program (English as a Second Language) will begin in September 2014 with Programs of Study offered in the following year.
We are actively recruiting for ESL Teachers to facilitate and guide learning and provide an effective educational environment for all students. Opportunities to move from teaching ESL into Programs of Study Instructor positions exist. Initial program offerings following the Foundation Year include Business Accounting, Business Marketing, Computer Systems Technician, and Computer Programming. Therefore candidates with related experience to the programs of study such as mathematics and computers are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Director of English & Academic Foundations Program, ESL Instructors will facilitate and guide English as a Second Language learning and provide an effective educational environment for all students.
• delivering regularly scheduled instruction
• ensuring student awareness of course learning outcomes and evaluation techniques
• providing tutoring and academic advising for students both in and out of class
• providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources including educational technologies and the College approved Learning Management System
• evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses
• developing and creating a learning environment that is conducive to success for all students
The provision of academic leadership, including:
• consulting with program and course administrators and other faculty members, advisory committees and a variety of potential employers and students
• defining learning outcomes and evaluating and validating these outcomes
• incorporating educational technologies to meet the learning needs of 21st Century students
• participating in the review and revision of curriculum as required and participating in professional development activities during non-teaching periods
• providing guidance to students and colleagues relative to the professors’ teaching assignments
• participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees, and departmental/ faculty meetings
• liaising with community members, engaging in program and College promotion
• remaining current in the field of study and maintaining awareness of emerging trends and practices related to teaching and learning in higher education and international education.
Required Qualifications & Experience
• Graduate Certificate in teaching English as a second language (TESL): minimum one year program (specify institution, length of program and year of completion)
• Minimum of an Undergraduate Degree. Preference will be given to applicants with a Master’s Degree in Education, Linguistics or TESL (specify institution and year of completion)
• Minimum of two years’ experience in teaching ESL with preference given to Academic ESL experience
• Experience teaching ESL internationally an asset
• Demonstrated knowledge of Algonquin College’s preferred teaching competencies as set out in the Professor of the 21st Century document
• Computer literacy
• Strong knowledge of various language software programs preferred
• Strong background and knowledge in ESL curriculum development preferred
• Experience teaching in ESL and TESL programs preferred
An attractive compensation package is provided including annual bonus, travel, accommodation, generous vacation, benefits, as well as a comprehensive orientation.
To apply, forward your resume quoting competition ACKW-004-14 in your subject line. We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please let us know in your email where you viewed this posting.