Full-Time Job Opportunities for Native EFL/ESL Teachers - Jinan, Shandong Province
Date 2014-03-25 21:03:57 Location : Asia:China
Full-Time Job Opportunities for Native EFL/ESL Teachers
Teaching at University of Jinan, Shandong, China
No. 336, Nanxinzhuang Road, Jinan, Shandong, 250022, China
One Academic Year: Aug. 27, 2014 Jul. 15, 2015
I. Qualifications Required
1. Native English speakers with excellent oral and writing skills;
2. Bachelors degree or above;
3. No criminal record;
4. Friendly, compatible, communicative ability with a strong sense of team spirit;
5. At least two years teaching experience;
6. Sound physical and mental health;
7. No bad habits, such as alcohol or drug abuse;
8. 24-62 years old.
II. Benefits Offered
1. Free round trip airfare (economy class with most direct route from your home city to Jinan) for a one academic year contract, teacher to be met at Jinan Airport by a University representative.
2. Salary: Monthly salary begins with 5000 CNY or higher, according to qualifications and work experience.
3. Travel allowance: 2200 CNY for one academic year.
4. Fully paid winter vacation and Chinese legal holidays.
5. One free furnished apartment with three bedrooms, a sitting room, a kitchen, and a bathroom. TV, telephone, drinking water dispenser, air-conditioner, washing machine and basic cooking utensils provided. Costs of water, electricity, heating and campus Internet are taken by the university, but not the costs of board, drinking water, telephone bills, or broadband Internet where the university Internet service is available.
6. University of Jinan will offer commercial medical insurance during the term of employment. However, expenses in registration, doctors home visits, fitting false teeth, cleaning teeth, undergoing cosmetic surgery, buying spectacles, seeing a doctor outside the university, boarding in hospital and taking non-medical tonics and some medicines are not covered by the medical insurance.
7. Help to apply for the required Work Permit, Work Invitation (Z visa application materials) and Residence Permit in China.
8. If both parties are satisfied with each other after a one-year contract, foreign teachers can apply for contract extension for another academic year ahead of time. The University will help foreign teachers apply for legal stay according to Chinese laws.
III. Teaching Information
1. No more than 16 daytime teaching hours (about 14 hours) a week. You may have classes on another campus (there are two campuses in UJN) once a week, which will take 30 minutes travel time by school bus.
2. Courses will be: listening, speaking, writing and occasionally culture for English major undergraduates.
IV. Teaching Requirements
1. Good class preparation and student attendance record-keeping; provision of final examination to students, a re-exam to those who dont pass, and on-time supply of a final mark report to the department head; acceptance of the supervision and evaluation procedures related to teaching.
2. Adherence to the universitys work system, teaching schedule and work arrangements. Without department permission, changing, canceling or missing class is absolutely prohibited.
3. Course assessment consisting of attendance, in-class performance and final exams.
4. Volunteer activity participation: giving lectures as required, taking part in other activities suchas English corner arranged by the university aimed at inspiring students learning interests.
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.