ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Administrative Manager, Intensive English Program
Date 2014-03-25 22:03:35 Location : North America
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of the program; develops policies and procedures associated with the day-to-day operation of the program.
Develops and maintains relationships with key departments and program areas in order to better serve the prospective student population; works closely with the Client Service Center to promote international student enrollment.
Hires, trains, and supervises faculty to instruct courses for the program; supervises support staff.
Oversees the coordination of all aspects of the program, including orientation, labs, workshops, student activities, and scheduling; supervises the student placement process.
Serves as Designated School Official to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for the F-1 Student Visa Program and Alternate Responsible Officer to the U.S. State Department for the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program; provides analysis and interpretation of immigration regulations for foreign nationals.
Resolves student issues that escalate to the management level.
Assists in administration and oversight of the budget.
Continually monitors, evaluates, and revises programs to maintain a model of continuous process/program improvement; maintains accreditation status with the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).
Research similar programs in the U.S. and provides comparative information on prices, programs, and structure.
Responsible for meeting enrollment, revenue and related performance goals as assigned.
Work with management to develop long and short-term business plans for strengthening program performance, and revenue goals.
Acquires program knowledge, skills and behavior through continuing professional education, credit courses, seminars, workshops and conferences.
Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in TESOL, Linguistics, English, or related field [required]. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience teaching ESOL to adult learners in an intensive English or academic English preparation program in a college or university setting.
Experience working in education administration.
Experience with CEA accreditation.
Experience working with international students in an educational setting.
Proficiency in at least one language other than English relevant to a desired market for international students (preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
1. Ability to communicate effectively in a multilingual/multicultural environment, interpersonally, orally and in writing, with supervisors, co-workers, faculty, and students.
2. Knowledge of SEVIS and F-1 visa student regulations as outlined in 8 C.F.R. § 214.2(f).
3. Ability to diagnose issues from a "systems" perspective and design strategies that fix the system.
4. Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and completed assigned work within deadlines.
5. Ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
6. Ability to effectively lead employees to achieve peak performance goals, recognize need for training and education to improve performance and implement an improvement plan.
7. Ability to research related information and regulations, prepare reports and documents, and attend to details with a high level of accuracy.
8. Possess critical thinking skills in setting priorities, assessing situations, and making sound and prudent decisions.
9. Ability to operate a PC and a high level skill in using a variety of software applications, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office.
10. Understanding of and commitment to Equal Access/Equal Opportunity.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
1. Acceptable eyesight and hearing (with or without correction/aid).
Works inside in an office environment.
Travels to various campuses and off site locations.
Requires occasional evening and Saturday hours.
- See more at: http://careers.tesol.org/jobs/6098322/administrative-manager-intensive-english-program#sthash.pXrx1tXQ.dpuf