Administrative Manager, Intensive English Program
Date 2014-03-25 22:03:35 Location : North America
Responsible for management of the overall operation of the Intensive English Language program at Valencia College Continuing Education, which is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA). Duties include planning, program design, coordination, and evaluation, enrollment management, and the development of policies and procedures associated with the day-to-day operation of the program. The manager will provide supervision to adjunct instructors and staff, and serve as the SEVIS Primary Designated School Official.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of the program; develops policies and procedures associated with the day-to-day operation of the program.
Develops and maintains relationships with key departments and program areas in order to better serve the prospective student population; works closely with the Client Service Center to promote international student enrollment.
Hires, trains, and supervises faculty to instruct courses for the program; supervises support staff.
Oversees the coordination of all aspects of the program, including orientation, labs, workshops, student activities, and scheduling; supervises the student placement process.
Serves as Designated School Official to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for the F-1 Student Visa Program and Alternate Responsible Officer to the U.S. State Department for the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program; provides analysis and interpretation of immigration regulations for foreign nationals.
Resolves student issues that escalate to the management level.
Assists in administration and oversight of the budget.
Continually monitors, evaluates, and revises programs to maintain a model of continuous process/program improvement; maintains accreditation status with the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).
Research similar programs in the U.S. and provides comparative information on prices, programs, and structure.
Responsible for meeting enrollment, revenue and related performance goals as assigned.
Work with management to develop long and short-term business plans for strengthening program performance, and revenue goals.
Acquires program knowledge, skills and behavior through continuing professional education, credit courses, seminars, workshops and conferences.
Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor''s degree from a regionally accredited institution in TESOL, Linguistics, English, or related field [required]. Masters degree preferred.
Experience teaching ESOL to adult learners in an intensive English or academic English preparation program in a college or university setting.
Experience working in education administration.
Experience with CEA accreditation.
Experience working with international students in an educational setting.
Proficiency in at least one language other than English relevant to a desired market for international students (preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
1. Ability to communicate effectively in a multilingual/multicultural environment, interpersonally, orally and in writing, with supervisors, co-workers, faculty, and students.
2. Knowledge of SEVIS and F-1 visa student regulations as outlined in 8 C.F.R. 214.2(f).
3. Ability to diagnose issues from a "systems" perspective and design strategies that fix the system.
4. Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and completed assigned work within deadlines.
5. Ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
6. Ability to effectively lead employees to achieve peak performance goals, recognize need for training and education to improve performance and implement an improvement plan.
7. Ability to research related information and regulations, prepare reports and documents, and attend to details with a high level of accuracy.
8. Possess critical thinking skills in setting priorities, assessing situations, and making sound and prudent decisions.
9. Ability to operate a PC and a high level skill in using a variety of software applications, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office.
10. Understanding of and commitment to Equal Access/Equal Opportunity.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
1. Acceptable eyesight and hearing (with or without correction/aid).
Works inside in an office environment.
Travels to various campuses and off site locations.
Requires occasional evening and Saturday hours.
- See more at: http://careers.tesol.org/jobs/6098322/administrative-manager-intensive-english-program#sthash.pXrx1tXQ.dpuf
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.