ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
We are Hiring Welfare Leaders for Summer Employment! - Throughout the US
Date 2014-03-25 22:03:34 Location : North America
The Welfare Leader’s (WL) main responsibility is the overall welfare of the students. The WL ensures students are safe, secure and happy while respecting other students, staff and the facilities. The WL assists in nightly duties four days a week from 22:00 to 01:00 as dictated by the Welfare Manager (WM) (subject to change due to operational purposes).
The WL is required to live at the center and have knowledge of the city/cities that one is working in. We have several positions available ranging in length from one to six weeks in nine different locations across North America (near Boston, Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, South Florida, Toronto and New Haven, CT).
- Help set up the center prior to student arrival. Assist with accommodation planning.
- Carry out pre-arrival and departure checks and damage surveys as delegated by the WM.
- Provide pastoral care for every student particularly individual students by ensuring students adjust to cultural differences and that their religious and dietary needs are met and respected.
- Provide support for all individual students by helping them integrate with other students and encourage them to participate in all activities.
- Assist the WM with the overall welfare and care of the students. Meet with students daily and address any personal problems or concerns.
- Ensure all students attend set activities and attendance records are accurate.
- Play pivotal role in guiding and organizing students on excursions.
- Carry out residential duties on a rota basis including meal supervision, lights out duties, night-time patrols, room checks and additional tasks as necessary.
- Assist with nightly duties on a rota basis (four days per week). Ensure all buildings are locked and secure.
- Make certain students are in their rooms with lights out by 23:30.
- Assist the WM with student behavior within the residences. Liaise with the center management team to report all damage and serious incidences.
- Provide integration support for individual students.
- Assist with orientation meetings for new students and show them to their accommodations.
- Issue Ardmore Language School (ALS) Student ID cards prior to excursions as delegated by the WM.
- Ensure room lists are updated and accurate.
- Make certain that Ardmore Language School’s Health & Safety policies are implemented and adhered to at all times. Ensure that all fire and safety procedures are displayed and regular fire drills are undertaken when necessary as delegated by the WM.
All staff should show respect for the opinions and feelings of students, foreign group leaders and colleagues no matter what their religion, race, age background, gender or sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience working in a summer camp, school or similar environment in a residential position
- Excellent level of fluency in English
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to ‘think on feet’ and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to motivate large groups of children / teenagers
- Enthusiastic and team player
RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience working with children / teenagers
- First Aid qualification
**On completing an application form, you will be required to declare any criminal convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings, and any subsequent information that will affect your suitability for the role. Successful applicants may be subject to a background check.
This job description summarizes the purpose of the job and lists its key tasks; it is not a definitive list of all the tasks to be undertaken as those can be varied from time to time at the discretion of the Center Director. Ardmore will exercise this right reasonably.