ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Director, Preparatory Year Program (Qatif Campus), Saudi Arabia
Date 2014-03-29 09:03:01 Location : Middle East
Algonquin College, one of the largest Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology in Canada continues to expand its international reach with campus' in Jazan, Kuwait, and now two additional campuses in Qatif, Saudi Arabia – one all-female campus and one all-male campus.
This continues the Saudi Arabian plan to invest $1 billion CDN dollars to improve its college system partnering with international institutions from around the world to provide technical training to Saudi students and create a highly skilled national workforce to meet labour market needs.
The Preparatory Year Program (PYP) Director will provide effective academic leadership, management, and administration for the faculty, support staff, and students of the English as a Second Language program delivered at Algonquin College, Qatif.
• Master’s Degree in a related field or equivalent education and experience
• TESL Certification or equivalent is required
• Demonstrated knowledge of quality education, effective supervision, curriculum development, adult learning, and teaching strategies
• Minimum 7 years experience in an academic environment at the University or College level with a minimum of 2 years experience in a leadership role
• Outstanding communicator coupled with superior negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to work independently and within a professional team environment
• Previous teaching experience in a college environment is an asset
• Experience in human resource management, budgeting and project management
• Working knowledge of common software applications and web-based learning technology and strategies
Attractive compensation package including annual bonus, travel, accommodation, vacation, benefits as well as comprehensive orientation. If you possess a sense of adventure, are culturally aware and a have a desire to experience Saudi Arabia we want to hear from you!
To apply please forward your CV and cover letter
Please let us know where you viewed this posting when you email your resume.