ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
K-12 and university English teachers, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Kunming
Date 2014-03-29 10:03:27 Location : Asia:China
China Employment Benefits:
• Monthly salary (amount is dependent upon qualifications and placement locations)
• Housing or housing allowance
• Legal work visa in China
• Reimbursement of round economy class air ticket (China-US)
You will have three concentrations to choose from: International Business, International Education and International Development. International Education and International Business students will be placed in Shanghai, Hangzhou and the nearby cities. International Development students will be placed in Kunming, southwest part of China and are expected to participate in local development projects.
All enrolled students are required to spend a summer semester on our Irvine campus. Afterwards, you head to China and immediately start living, working and studying in China. MAIS prepares you to work in China, conduct research for your Capstone Project, and negotiate living on your own in a new culture with our ground support and support from our China office. You will concentrate in International Business, International Education or International Development, and live in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Kunming or their nearby cities, which are among China’s most important historical, intellectual, cultural and financial centers.
As a result, you will have unique opportunities to build personal and business relationships; globalize your professional resume with international experience and expertise; travel to ancient destinations, futuristic metropolises and cultural wonders; discover and pursue new interests, passions, and dreams.
Program at a glance:
• Academic degree program (MA degree) with Concordia University Irvine
• Concurrent China employment with full benefits (teaching English or teaching a subject of your strength in English)
• Cities to work at in China: Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Kunming and other cities
• Three concentrations to choose from: International Business, International Education and International Development
• Accelerated program: 12-18 months to complete
• One summer semester on US campus, with the rest of the semesters in China
• Supervision and support from our representative office in China
• TESOL certificate awarded before going to China
• No prior Mandarin language skills required (proficient Mandarin-speaking applicants will benefit by opting out of the Mandarin course, though)
• Cohort-based program that starts every June
• Networking opportunities and more
• Field thesis research in China
• No GRE/GMAT required
• Hold a bachelor’s degree before cohort start in June, 2014;
• Have a minimum 2.75 GPA
• Are native English speakers or equivalent
• Background clearance by FBI or equivalent for teaching/ interacting with students
• Desire to teach in a new cultural settings
• Are prepared to learn, serve, and lead
• Possess cultural sensitivity, responsibility, diligence, resilience, independence, and ethical character
• Military veterans are welcome to apply, too. Post 9/11 GI Bill approved institution with B. A. H. included.
The application process is very simple. Just follow the steps below.
• Send in your completed and signed statement of intent
• Send in your $50 non-refundable application fee for US domestic applicants and $150 non-refundable for international applicants
• Send in official copies of all college/university transcripts
• Send in two completed reference forms – Academic and Professional
• Send a copy of your Passport (for job placement)
• Copy of Current Resume – this will be used in job placement in China
• Send a copy of your diploma
• Send one passport picture-this will be used for visa application