ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
English Language Teaching (ELT) Development Manager
Date 2012-11-03 05:11:51 Location : South America
The purpose of the job is to lead training projects with our partners in Brazil and to ensure the delivery of high quality teacher training and consultancy. This teacher training activity will raise the British Council’s profile as a provider of effective and sustainable teacher development. To work with local team in pursuing new income-earning English projects in the North and Northeast Brazil in line with the British Council’s strategy.
* Project Pursuit: to give support to the Director Recife in pursuing new English projects in the North and Northeast of Brazil and to build and maintain relationships with English Language Teaching partners in the region
* Project Design and Planning: To select global product and other training courses, suitable for the Brazilian context (for the Ministry of Education, public & private sector clients and for individual teachers) and work with the team to structure and plan projects.
* Project delivery: To recruit, train and manage third party trainers to deliver British Council courses and ensure that the quality of training is maintained to a very high standard and in accordance with stakeholders’ needs and wants.
* Teacher Trainer Management: To manage the development and maintenance of a contacts database of training consultants and e-moderators in country, monitor their training and development and ensure regular communications with this target group are planned and delivered.
* Relationship Building: To maintain contacts with teaching associations, university tutors and others active in Brazil and attend and present at educational conferences in Brazil, as required.
This is a locally-engaged post. Candidates must have the right to work in Brazil. The British Council is not able to support or sponsor work visa applications from non-Brazilians.
This post is offered on a fixed-term posting for 12 months, renewable for an equal period.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 11th November 2012
Desired Skills & Experience
* MA in English Language Teaching/Education or equivalent qualification (desirable)
* DELTA or equivalent qualification (desirable)
* Evidence of excellent Communication Skills in both Portuguese and English – the later being the equivalent to IELTS 8.0 or CPE (mandatory). Non-native Portuguese speakers may be required to take a Portuguese language test. (Essential)
* Successful completion of an e-moderation course (mandatory)
* Ability to design and package English Language Teaching projects that meet the demands of stakeholders
* Learning technologies: knowledge of latest digital trends for distance and collaborative learning and teaching
* Significant proven teacher experience, including training of non-native speaker teachers working in different contexts (primary and secondary schools, universities, language institutes, etc)
* Experience of attracting sponsorship and co-funding from companies and high net worth individuals
* Expertise in ELT (Essential)
The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide. We are on the ground in six continents and more than 100 countries. For more information, please visit http://www.britishcouncil.org The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunities
Posted:October 30, 2012Type: Contract Experience: Mid-Senior level Functions: Education Industries: Education Management Compensation:R$ 9.000,00, plus benefitsJob ID:4058789