ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Experienced and Enthusiastic Teaching-Training Professionals Needed
Date 2012-11-09 20:11:05 Location : Southeast Asia
Senior Trainers and Trainers of English
British Council and Malaysian Ministry of Education
Upskilling Project (Malaysia)
We are recruiting for experienced and enthusiastic teaching/training professionals to work on an exciting new project which is in conjunction with the Ministry of Education in Malaysia starting in November and December 2012.
The project aims to strengthen English teaching and learning through a blended training approach that includes; quality face to face delivery, supported distance learning and integrated proficiency and methodology training.
This is an excellent career development opportunity for Senior Teacher Trainers or Teacher Trainers to broaden their academic and professional skills. You will be part of a project which aims to deliver quality development opportunities for primary and secondary English language teachers working in Malaysian government schools, in order to develop their English language proficiency, teaching skills and knowledge. You will also play a part in monitoring and supporting their ongoing professional development.
There are a few start dates available but those applying for the earlier start dates will be considered as a priority.
- Senior Trainers of English
As a Senior Trainer, you will lead and manage our professional team of Trainers training on the project, and ensure the efficient management of operations within designated cluster of schools. We plan to have Senior Trainers on little or no direct training; however this may be necessary in the initial stages whilst trainer recruitment is ongoing.
- Trainers of English
You will provide cluster training and support using British Council global products to a core group of 80 teachers working in state schools in Malaysia. Working independently and sometimes in remote and/or rural locations, this post will suit autonomous self-starters looking to make a difference in a unique working context and location.
- Trainers of English (e-Moderator)
Similar to the Trainer of English post above, but as well as training you will also provide a variety of techniques of online support and tutoring to specified standards for Malaysian teachers using the Global Products during the project in order to encourage a high level of motivation and participation.
Essential requirements for these posts:
• a high proficiency in English
• an undergraduate/university degree
• an internationally recognised certificate-level qualification (Cambridge CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL and or PGCE in TESOL)
• Senior Trainer posts: an internationally recognised TEFL Diploma (Cambridge DELTA/Trinity DipTESOL and or PGCE in TESOL)
• at least 5 years post-certificate relevant teaching/training experience gained from a variety of age groups and levels particularly in adults
• willingness to work independently and flexibly in a challenging yet exciting context
• be between the ages of 22 and 60 (Malaysian law requirement beyond our control)
Generous package and support:
• one year contract with a competitive salary
• flights, relocation and settling-in expenses (for those recruited out of country)
• comprehensive health insurance
• professional development and support provided through Senior Trainers and a Project Manager