ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teacher of English as a Foreign Language
Date 2012-12-10 04:12:47 Location : Europe
Start: mid January 2013 (exact date to be agreed)
End: July 2013 (exact date to be agreed)
Conditions, Working Week, etc.
- A full-time teacher receives a contract for 34 hours per week, of which an average of 27 hours correspond to actual teaching - General English, Exam English, Business English, English by Skype, mature adults, teenagers/young adults, a bit of everything usually. The remaining 7 hours are for preparation, staff meetings and so on.
- The weekly workload varies slightly (eg. 25, 27, 29, 23, 27,...) depending mainly on which intensive courses are on from week to week.
- If we are unable to maintain your average weekly workload of 27 hours’ teaching, you may be asked to perform tasks such as testing students, creating materials, recording dialogues, etc.
- Weekend work is possible - eg. Saturday mornings - though by no means certain.
- Some classes start as early as 7.00, though most usually start at 7.30, 7.45 or 8.00. Classes often finish late in the day eg. 20.00, 21.00 or, occasionally, 21.30. There are of course many periods of inactivity during the working day.
- Some of the lessons may be in-company, which means you have to travel from place to place. Company car available.
- The contract has a 3-month trial period. This protects both sides, employee and employer.
- please complete "killer questions" attachment
- EU National
- native command of English, including written English
- clean driving licence and willingness to drive
- minimum 5 years' ELT experience
- experience teaching Business English, Cambridge Exams and Young Learners
- first-class references on request
- proficient typist and IT user (MS Word, MS Excel...)
- in good health, energetic, lively, positive, happy disposition
- confident in public, good communication skills
- reliable, punctual, able to meet deadlines
- willing to adapt to our clients’ culture.
- wanting to learn about our Added Value Services and transmit them to our clients.
Preferable (not essential)
- basic command of Spanish
- own transport
Highly competitive for sector, commensurate with the demands of the post.Full details at interview.
- We find shared accommodation (AVERAGE monthly rent: 700€ for a 3-roomed flat = 250€ + bills per person).
- Possibility of renewed contract for 2013-2014.
- We pick you up from the airport eg. Bilbao and take you to your flat.
- March 28th - April 7th (Easter 2013)
- May 1st (May Day)