ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Trainers of English Needed in Malaysia
Date 2013-01-11 05:01:16 Location : Southeast Asia
Trainers of English
British Council and Malaysian Ministry of Education
Upskilling Project (Malaysia)
We are recruiting for experienced and enthusiastic teaching/training professionals to work on an exciting new project which is in conjunction with the Ministry of Education in Malaysia starting on 21 January 2013.
The project aims to strengthen English teaching and learning through a blended training approach that includes; quality face to face delivery, supported distance learning and integrated proficiency and methodology training.
You will provide cluster training and support using British Council global products to a core group of 80 teachers working in state schools in Malaysia. Working independently and sometimes in remote and/or rural locations, this post will suit autonomous self-starters looking to make a difference in a unique working context and location.
This is an excellent career development opportunity for Teacher Trainers to broaden their academic and professional skills. You will be part of a project which aims to deliver quality development opportunities for primary and secondary English language teachers working in Malaysian government schools, in order to develop their English language proficiency, teaching skills and knowledge. You will also play a part in monitoring and supporting their ongoing professional development.
Essential requirements for these posts:
• a high proficiency in English
• an undergraduate/university degree
• an internationally recognised certificate-level qualification (Cambridge CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL and or PGCE in TESOL)
• at least 5 years post-certificate relevant teaching/training experience gained from a variety of age groups and levels particularly in adults
• willingness to work independently and flexibly in a challenging yet exciting context
• be between the ages of 22 and 60 (Malaysian law requirement beyond our control)
Generous package and support:
• one year contract with a competitive salary
• flights, relocation and settling-in expenses (for those recruited out of country)
• comprehensive health insurance
• professional development and support provided through Senior Trainers and a Project Manager