ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teach English in China - EF Changchun
Date 2013-04-26 01:04:23 Location : Asia:China
Changchun, Jilin province, P.R.China
Position: Full time English language teacher
Reference No. CCTA04A
EF English First, Changchun is looking to expand our team of foreign English teachers. Do you have a outgoing, adventurous spirit with the dedication and passion to make a real difference inside and outside the classroom? We need someone who can inspire their students to learn through active and engaging lessons.
Our first school was opened in 2001 and thanks to its huge success we now have a second. Both schools offer a range of courses to young learners, teenagers and adults. No matter what age you are teaching, you will benefit from English First’s 40 years of experience and comprehensive course materials which are popular with both students and teachers alike.
We take care of our teachers, making sure they have all they need to do an excellent job and have a fun time at the same time. Emphasis is placed on on-going teacher training and a high level of academic support. Our schools have cutting edge design with computers in the classrooms and digital interactive white boards, helping you bring your classes to life like never before. The digital material blends perfectly with EF’s award winning course material backed up with flashcards, posters, activity libraries, songs, DVDs and much more.
Please take a look at our website, although it is in Chinese it has some pictures of our 2 schools and current teaching team: http://www.efchangchun.com/
Changchun – The city
As the capital city of Jilin province, just 6 hours train ride from Beijing, Changchun is a key economic, cultural and political center. The city hosted the 2007 Winter Asian games and many people enjoy skiing and ice skating during the Winter. As for historical scenic spots, a must-go is the Puppet Imperial Palace, the home of Pu Yi, the last emperor of China which was selected as the site to film The Last Emperor. As for natural scenic spots, South Lake is the second largest park in China by area.
Changchun offers various products reflecting both tradition and fashion and draws a mixture of influences from Japan and Russia. The city is a really exciting place to live and the 2 schools are located within walking distance of a variety of restaurants, bars, coffee shops, parks and shopping centers. We employ over 25 teachers so there will always be people to socialize and explore the city with.
· Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
· Lesson planning
· Use audio / video materials in classes
· Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
· Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
· Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
· Attend centre social events
· Excellent salary: 7,500 – 8,500 RMB per month
· Free accommodation: near the school
· Flight allowance: 10,000 RMB payable after 12 months
· Legal ‘Z’ work visa
· 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
· Performance related bonus: 7,000RMB
· $10,000USD bonus at the end of 24 month contract, $20,000USD for a couple
· On-going training and academic support
· Promotion opportunities within the EF network
· Bachelor’s degree
· TEFL certificate (No TEFL? We recommend INTESOL, est. 1993, 30% discounts: http://www.GoldStarTeachers.com/INTESOL)
· Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
· Experience teaching young learners preferred
· Plenty of passion and energy
How to apply
· Covering letter
· Recent photo
· Degree & TEFL certificates
· Passport photo page
· Include in the subject heading the reference no. CCTA04A
We are looking forward to hearing from you.