ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Special Programs Coordinator
Date 2013-06-04 07:06:41 Location : North America
SPC administrative duties include:
*Marketing (maintaining website, doing updates, following up on inquiries, consulting with Marketing & Recruitment Coordinator on marketing strategies).
*Administrative operations (consulting with supervisor on program development, working with the Business Office and the Admissions Office, handling textbooks and other materials, student registration, student evaluations).
*Identifying needs for new or expanded special programs in conjunction with Global Program Development Officer
Developing Intersession programs.
*Developing and revising program curricula as needed.
*Training, orienting and evaluating teachers and counselors for special programs.
*Supervising online courses.
*Serving on a development committee.
*Other administrative duties as assigned.
SPC teaching duties include:
*Teaching up to (approximately) 13 hours per week (specific teaching hours vary depending on administrative duties).
*Supporting teaching in holding office hours, submitting syllabi, serving as a substitute teacher, developing course materials, using lab and online materials, and other teaching-associated duties (such as recording attendance, etc.).
*Participating in department meetings and events.
*Taking part in professional development.
*Other duties as assigned.
Additional Salary Information: DOE
* MA in TESL/Applied Linguistics or a Master's degree in a related field with evidence of coursework in the areas of linguistics, culture and society, educational foundations, second-language pedagogy, second-language assessment and language teaching practicum. (Candidates must be willing to meet any deficiencies in coursework within the first year of hiring.)
* Experience in teaching multilingual classes in all areas of English language skills and at all levels of English proficiency at the post-secondary level.
* Non-native English teachers must submit a recent score for at least a 28 on the TOEFL iBT speaking portion or an 8 on the IELTS speaking portion.
* If less than 5 years of language teaching experience, submit a sample teaching lesson on digital video.
* Permission/willingness to be vetted on public online social networking sites.
* Experience living abroad and willingness to travel abroad.
* Experience with CALL and teaching on-line.
* Experience in teacher training.
* Experience in supervising teachers.
* Experience teaching and/or developing ESP curricula.
* Experience with program coordination