ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Language Exchange Program - Learn Mandarin and Teach English in China
Date 2013-06-07 09:06:18 Location : Asia:China
English. Teach 10 hours of English lessons per week in our school and we will give you the
same amount of Mandarin lessons. (English lessons range from 20 to 100 minutes in
length.) We might occasionally offer you overtime teaching, for which you will be
paid. Teaching hours are flexible from week to week, with the total being counted at
the end of the month. Any hours in excess will be paid then.
The Language Exchange Project is open to anyone who is interested in Chinese
language and culture. It is perfect for current undergraduates and recent high-school
graduates but we also welcome participants who are older and have life and
professional experience. Participants not only gain teaching experience with us, but
have a unique opportunity to study Chinese in very small classes and to cover in two
months what most students would cover in a year's worth of college classes.
Arrive in Shanghai or Nanjing, one of our staff picks you up at the airport.
Tour of Wuhu
Observe experienced teachers' lessons
Basic Chinese lessons (how to order food, how to ask where things are, etc.)
Dinner out with all of the new students, teachers and Aston staff.
Social events, such as movies, outings, etc.
Begin Chinese classes
2013 Summer Term:
29 June to 07 July – Training and Preparation
08 Julu to 18 August 2013 – Teach English and Learn Mandarin
2013 Autumn Term:
03 September to 08 September – Training and Preparation
09 September 2013 to 12 January 20114 – Teach English and Learn Mandarin
Term dates may vary depending on enrollment.
2014 Spring Term:
12 February to 20 February– Training and Preparation
20 February to 15 June 2014 – Teach English and Learn Mandarin
1) Currently enrolled university students and graduates, or people who are interested
in Chinese language and culture.
2) Native English speakers preferred.
3) Teaching experience an asset, but not essential (training and teaching materials
4) Easy going personality, responsible and patient with young children.
Cost of Participation:
1) Return flight/Round Trip (from London or another UK city to Shanghai), cost
around £500 (GBP) with a student’s ID.
2) Single entry VISA, £30 for British nationals, 16 Euro for Irish nationals, $100 for
3) Overseas Travel Insurance (optional).
The school provides:
1) Free Accommodation. A private single room and a living/dinning room, bathroom
and toilet shared with other tutors.
2) No bills to pay, internet, gas, electricity and water are provided (the use of
air-conditioner and telephone charges must be paid for by the participant).
3) Free lunch from Tuesday to Sunday.
4) Airport pick-up at either Nanjing or Shanghai airport.
5) Pocket money of 1200 RMB per month
6) Free two day trip to Jiuhuashan.
7) Ten hours of free Chinese lessons a week.
8) Help with booking train tickets and hotels.
To apply for our Language Exchange Project please send a resume with recent photo,
photocopies of your passport and degree certificate (student ID is require, if the
participant is a university current student) and a cover letter via e-mail