ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teaching English in Shanghai, China
Date 2013-06-12 07:06:30 Location : Asia:China
Pacican specializes in providing English training and professional skill’s training. There are two Oral English Programs developed by Pacican catering to primary and middle school students (7 – 17 years old). With a regular team of more than 100 foreign teachers annually, Pacican has been awarded Five-A Ranking (the highest ranking) as Non-State-owned Non-Manufacturing Organization by Shanghai Municipal Government for several years in a row. In addition, Pacican is authorized by the Chinese government to process Foreign Expert Certificate for qualified teachers, the only official certificate to legally authorize a foreigner to be a teacher in China.
A full-time English teacher will teach 26 periods of class every week at select public primary schools and/or secondary schools (35 minutes per period at primary schools and 40 minutes per period at secondary schools) during the daytime Monday to Friday only. The students are between 7 and 15 years of age. Pacican provides textbooks, teacher’s manuals, flashcards and other teaching materials for the teacher. If the teacher wants to earn more income, Pacican will recommend legal partime teaching jobs in the teacher’s sparetime. A free Mandarin course is offered to all Pacican teachers every week.
1. Native-English speakers without strong regional accent;
2. Bachelor’s degree at minimum;
3. Two years of relevant teaching experience or 120-hour TEFL/TESOL Certificate;
4. In good health, no criminal records;
5.Outgoing, having a passion for helping young students to learn and grow, and the ability to adapt to a different social and cultural environment.
1. Monthly salary starting from RMB12,000 (before tax) depending on the teacher’s background and credentials;
2. Two-way airfare reimbursement for one-school-year contract;
3. Costs for the teacher’s work-related documents (including Foreign Expert Certificate and visa);
4. Monthly transportation allowance while teaching in Shanghai;
5. Pre-job training before the official contract starts. Free accommodations during training;
6. Comprehensive accidental insurance;
7. Paid sick leaves and statutory holidays in China;
8. Performance-based bonus at the end of every semester;
9. A severance bonus upon completion of contract;
10. Free Mandarin classes every week;
11. Arrangement of get-togethers and field trips in- and out-side of Shanghai.
If you are interested in helping Chinese students learn English while experiencing an exotic, vibrant, cosmopolitan life, please send your cover-letter, updated resume, copies of degree / certificate and a copy of your passport page bearing your photo