ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
ESL Instructors Are Wanted In China
Date 2013-07-21 05:07:20 Location : Asia:China
The US Language & Culture Exchange Center (LCEC) is located in Zibo, Shandong Province, China. The LCEC is affiliated with two local colleges, and is the first Language & Culture Exchange Center in this major city. The intention of the LCEC is:
1) To deliver English classes the way similar to that of US colleges. You will serve both as a liaison between our New York based school and Chinese partner colleges, and as an educator. We offer a very supportive environment, excellent teaching materials, the latest educational technologies and a chance for your career advancement.
2) To provide intensive training courses for those interested in teaching English in China.
3) To provide advanced study in English for high school students or college students by concentrating on specific subjects (cultural artistic, scientific, etc.), as opposed to the usual ESL teaching which concentrates on teaching English as a subject.
The ages of the students range from 16 to mid-twenties, from high school to college. Classes in the high school may run up to about 45 students per class; those in the college sections will be smaller. Computers and projectors are used in the classrooms as part of an intensive, communicative experience. Teaching assistants and administrative supports will be provided, so you can focus on teaching your classes and will not be overburdened with paper work.
We are using compilations of our own materials, towards which each teacher is welcome to contribute.While the focus is on teaching the English language, the program can be fashioned around the ability of the teachers to teach classes in other subjects, ranging from science to culture and the arts.
* Native English speaker from USA, Canada.
* Master preferred, not necessarily in ESL or English.
* Energetic, open minded with a desire to work in China
* Interested in creating joyful, compassionate, engaged and empowering learning opportunities for non-native speakers
* Maximum 30 hours teaching per week
* Up to 10 hours admin duties per week
* Deliver engaging, effective, learner-centered lessons to students
* Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner
* Actively participate in professional development workshops and activities
* Attend center activities, parties, open houses and other events
* Total monthly package worth approximately 10,000 RMB/Month (1USD=6.13 RMB) depending on experience and duties, including free, comfortable housing and meals.
* Paid holidays (Chinese Public holidays + Christmas and New Year''s Day)
* Health insurance provided
* Visa documents provided
* Free Chinese Mandarin lessons
* Option of continue to stay throughout second year and base salary will be increased.