ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Apply Here for Korea Public School Positions - Seoul, Busan, Incheon, Daegu, More!
Date 2013-09-04 09:09:18 Location : Asia:Korea
9 Great Reasons to Teach with the Public School Program in South Korea
- Earn a fantastic local salary which will enable you to enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle and pay off student loans.
- Free fully furnished private accommodation provided.
- Receive a flight allowance of KRW 2,600,000.
- Make new friends and share this adventure with hundreds of other candidates from the UK, USA, SA, AUS, IRE and NZ who will be starting in
- Full orientation and training provided.
- Receive a completion bonus.
- Every class has a Korean co-teacher to help you.
- Generous holiday allowance giving you the chance to explore Korea and other exciting parts of Asia!
- One year contract
- Start date: mid-
(full orientation to be followed by placement at assigned school)
- Teach Elementary, Middle or High school (depending on preference)
- Working days: Monday - Friday
- Working hours: 8.30AM - 4.30PM or 9AM -5PM (depending on school)
- Total hours: 22 classes per week (so 3 or 4 classes per day)
About my role
- Teach conversational English to enthusiastic classes of Korean students
- Student evaluation
- Prep class
- Develop curriculum and teaching materials
- Assist with activities related to English language education
- Share your culture and experiences with young Korean learners
Salary & Benefits
- KRW 1.9 - KRW 2.7 monthly salary (depending on experience)
- KRW 1,300,000 Entrance Allowance to cover flight cost into Korea
- KRW 1,300,000 Exit Allowance upon completion of contract
- Rural Allowance + Provincial allowance (depending on location)
- KRW 300,000 Settlement Allowance (one time payment)
- Free fully furnished housing or, where housing is not available, a rent subsidy of KRW 400,000 monthly
- 3 Weeks PAID vacation (8 day summer recess, 10 day winter recess) + approximately 12 national holidays
- 22 hours of class teaching required per week
- Overtime pay or KRW 20,000 per hour per supplementary class
- Severance pay equivalent to one month's salary
- Tax exemption for 2 years apart from Canadians due to lack of ROK Treaty
- Compulsory medical insurance - 50% of premiums paid by employer
- National Pension scheme - 50% of contributions paid by employer
- Full 8 day orientation
- One year contract
- All national holidays
- We have been an official EPIK recruiter for
- We place 100s of teachers onto the EPIK program each year
- Our helpful staff have all taught English in Korea at some point!
- We will get back to you on your questions in double-quick time!
- We are passionate about making the application process as smooth and straightforward as possible
Destination South Korea
A country of soaring mountains, ancient fortresses, resplendent palaces, futuristic cities and 50 million welcoming hand-shakes, Korea offers an endless array of experiences! Slurp at mouthwatering kimchi soup, check-out ancient temples hidden amongst Seoul's tangled side-streets, soak up the bohemian atmosphere of remote mountain towns or just unwind in one of Korea's soothing hot spring spas. The ''Soul of Asia'' welcomes you!
From laid-back beach-side town to traditional mountain community to buzzing urban metropolis, we can help you secure the location that you really want.
The following cities and provinces are available for the
++Busan ++Chungbuk ++Chungnam ++Daegu ++Daejeon ++Gangwon ++Gwangju ++Gyeongbuk ++Gyeongnam ++Incheon ++Jeju ++Jeonbuk ++Jeonnam ++Seoul ++Ulsan
The key to securing your top location preference is to apply early!
Skills & Qualities
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people who can commit themselves to a year of working with these schools.
As a teacher you will have full classroom responsibilities including creating lesson plans, student assessment, and curriculum development. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved something special, to gain a real insight into Korea's unique culture, and to influence the lives and community of Koreans young and old. Experience is a plus but not essential! Sound interesting? Then why not apply now!
- Nationality of UK, IRE, USA, CAN, AUS, NZ or SA (due to visa requirements)
- Bachelors degree (any field)
- Commitment to a 1 year contract
For an application pack, please email us with a copy of your resume