ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
English and History Teacher
Date 2014-05-30 10:05:34 Location : Africa
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
26 May 2014
English and History Teacher: LEAP 1
An exciting vacancy for an English (Grade 11) and History (Grade 10) Teacher currently exists within LEAP, with the opportunity to grow into a Head of Department (HOD) role. The position will be based at our premises at 307 Forest Drive Extension, Pinelands, reporting directly to the current Head of Department (HOD) and Operational Leader.
· Teaching degree
· SACE registration
· Computer literate
· Experience within a similar role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Planning lessons
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Actively participate in all professional development programs
- Meet with other staff members to track the progress of students
- Analysing student data to inform interventions
- Work with your grade team to structure targeted academic interventions plans for students
- Attend all staff meetings, grade meetings, curriculum meetings schools events and any other Leap events
- Build relationships with students in and out of classroom
- Communicating with parents, students and staff.
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
Please note that the above is not a comprehensive list of all duties and requirements, but merely to highlight general duties of the Employee. The successful candidate will sometimes be required to perform certain tasks and duties that may not be encompassed above.
The successful applicant will possess the following personal attributes:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Passion for teaching and working with students
· Works well within a team
A market related salary of R12 000 – R 16 000 CTC has been identified for this position, motivated by experience and qualifications. In addition, the successful candidate will form part of the Company’s current pension fund, equating to a mandatory 2% employee contribution which is matched by the Company.
Please direct all applications to the HR Manager at Jdutoit@leapschool.org.za or fax number 0215323714 including an up to date Curriculum Vitae with relevant qualifications.