ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Excellent Teaching Opportunity in Yokohama
Date 2015-06-23 00:06:22 Location : Asia:Japan
International School of English established in 1997 -A prestigious reputable English language school with two campuses located in Yokohama on the Denentoshi line (Tama Plaza station and Aobadai station) .Our schools are renown for their posh and stylish exteriors/interiors as well as our high standard of services and lesson quality . We cater to an upscale student clientele that is academically driven and highly motivated thus require the highest standards of teaching .We offer a full range of customized lesson plans targeting the specific needs and goals of student’s. This would include a full spectrum of children’s courses ranging from Tiny Tots ,ELPS’, up to Senior high school . We also offer numerous subject based courses(History, science, math, English literature etc) for returnee students and students entering International Schools .ISE also offers a full range of adult ESL courses including general conversational English , Business/business blend as well as travel and living abroad preparatory courses .In addition to the above we also provide tutoring for standardized test and exams including TOEIC , EIKEN , Jido Eiken ,IELTS ,TOEF ,SATs and ACTs
Teaching Candidate Profile and requirements
ISE is seeking an experienced native English speaking ESL educators with the ability to teach both adults as well as Children with equal enthusiasm and dedication. Applicants should possess a minimum of a four-year degree preferably related to teaching or the field of education. Extra consideration will be given to applicants that possess a CELTA ,DELTA or TESOL certificate . Teachers should have a minimum of two years back-to-back teaching experience in the field of ESL or education. Candidates should be presentable (professional work attire and appearance required) as well as personable and friendly.
We are seeking teaching candidates with the following abilities and skills;
Candidates must have a strong grasp of current teaching methodologies and the ability to create and execute well thought out, productive and enjoyable lesson plans.
- Candidates should possess a strong comprehension of Grammar as well as a rich vocabulary bank.
- Handwriting should be clean and legible with proper spelling and punctuation.
- Candidates should have a working comprehension of computer applications specifically office word.
- Candidates should have excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- We are seeking teachers that have the ability to follow structured lesson plans as well as being able to provide innovative and creative input to students utilizing ISE’s extensive resources and curriculum.
- Candidates should have a high standard of work ethic and job commitment. This would include catering to the needs of students in a friendly and empathetic way. We are seeking teachers that take pride in the their work surroundings as well as personal appearance while at the same time being culturally aware of differences between western culture and that of Japan.
ISE offers a competitive Salary ranging from 250,000 yen -270,000 yen depending on experience and results of the hiring process. We also offer two weeks paid holiday after 6 months completion of contract .We also have approximately an additional 20 national holidays that the schools are closed. Thus allowing for a generous amount of holiday time above and beyond regular days off. ISE can also provide introduction to affordable housing and private health insurance. ISE’s workday is structured around an 8-hour workday with a one-hour break. Lesson times range from 30 minutes to 50 minutes depending on the type of lesson system. A typical teaching load would range from 26-35 lessons per week depending on the day and lesson schedule.
Successful candidates will be provided with one week paid intensive training and follow up training throughout the year. In addition to our standard training we provide certified training at ISE that allows teachers to complete a certificate course through Japan national Language school association (Zengaikyo). We also provide many opportunities for advancement and reward .Pay raises and bonuses are directly related to work performance and positive contribution to the school and staff. Teaching contracts are on year renewable and advance notification of two months will be given with intent to renew before the expiration of the teaching contract.
We are also seeking Candidates that are bilingual in English and Korean, French, Spanish, Italian, German and Chinese.
To be considered for this position you must include a cover letter with your application, which contains the following:
1) A current telephone contact number and the best times to reach you.
2) Two professional references that can be contacted by phone or email.
3) You will need to upload and attach a recent professional photo to your resume before you submit your application. (Please do not submit photos in casual attire or that would be deemed inappropriate for securing a teaching post in Japan with a reputable company .)
4) Your schedule of availability for telephone interviews based on business hours in Japan and your availability to begin work .Our window of employment to begin work is between July –September 2015 latest .
Please submit the above particulars to the attention of Mr. Tim Lee- Email
• If you are an overseas candidate please apply only if you are serious and committed to coming to Japan. We respond only to candidates that submit all of the above criteria. We do provide sponsorship for a working visa in Japan and assistance with securing housing before arrival to Japan. Further details will be given during the interview process.