ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teacher - English/History - Emerald State High School
Date 2015-06-25 19:06:31 Location : Oceania
Emerald State High School - Central Queensland Region
Emerald State High School caters to students from years 8-12, and also provides facilities for Special Education students via the Special Education Unit attached to the school campus. Emerald High offers a diverse range of subjects to cater for the varied needs of both its students and the needs of the wider community.
Job type Permanent Full-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Workplace Location Central and South West Qld
Job ad reference QLD/CQR33567/15
Closing date Ongoing
Yearly salary $52891 - $84279
Fortnightly salary $2027.30 - $3230.40
Job duration Commencement: 13/07/2015
Contact person Lenetia Stretton
Contact details (07) 4842 8340 Email: CentralQLDMackay.HR@dete.qld.gov.au
Emerald State High has an experienced team of staff dedicated to providing students with quality educational outcomes in line with Education Queensland's policy framework. We also have a large number of students doing Vocational Education within their learning and many students are actively involved in the community through various Work Placement, School Based Traineeships and Apprenticeships.
Please Do Not Apply Online – Please refer to below ‘How to apply’
• Permanent full-time position, commencing 13/07/2015
• Departmental accommodation may be available upon application
• Travel and removal assistance available.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. Find out more about: http://education.qld.gov.au/hr/recruitment/teaching/
How You Will Be Assessed:
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has the following key capabilities:
1. Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and are consistent with relevant syllabi, curriculum policies, work programs and education trends.
2. Knowledge of and the ability to implement effective and inclusive teaching and learning processes, including the use of learning technology and assessment, to establish a challenging learning environment in which students are encouraged to work towards attainment of their potential.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with students including the use of appropriate interpersonal skills, and the ability to plan and apply appropriate behaviour management strategies that contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a supportive learning environment.
4. An understanding of the need to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
• Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. The Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) is a Queensland government statutory body. Its purpose is to regulate, enhance and promote the teaching profession in Queensland in the best interests of the public and the profession. Information on registration requirements is available on http://www.qct.edu.au/ or (07) 3377 4777
• A current application for teacher employment with the department including an assigned suitability ranking acceptable for permanent or temporary appointment (applicants without a current suitability ranking will complete their suitability assessment as part of this recruitment and selection process). Information regarding the teacher application process and suitability ranking assessment is available at www.teach.qld.gov.au
Permanent employment as a teacher is available to:
• Australian citizens;
• Persons who reside in Australia and have permission or a right to be granted permission, under Commonwealth law, to remain in Australia indefinitely; or
• New Zealand citizens who have a special category visa or a right to be granted a special category visa under the Migration Act 1958.
How to apply:
As per School’s request, Applicants are required to submit;
• a brief resume
• contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or recent supervisor)
• a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role under 'How You Will Be Assessed'
Please submit your application to;
• Lenetia Stretton
DO NOT APPLY ONLINE - Applicants please refer to 'How to apply' for your requirements of applying.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Teacher - role description (PDF, 86KB)