ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Secondary Teaching Position - Religious
Date 2015-09-24 09:09:42 Location : Oceania
Vacancy Type Temporary Full Time
Description Classroom teaching and duties as directed by the School Principal. St Catherine's Catholic College is a Catholic co-educational Kindergarten to Year 12 College located in the beautiful Hunter Valley approximately 73 kilometres from the city of Newcastle. The total expected enrolment for St Catherine’s in 2015 will be approximately 980 students. St Catherine's has close links with our Mercy heritage and is an integral part of the local Parish community and enjoys a strong relationship with the Parish Priest and wider parish community. With the new Hunter Expressway it is only a one hour trip from Newcastle to Singleton.
Position Requirements • a relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education
• ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s.
• high level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning.
• high quality classroom teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential.
• exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students.
• ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework.
• demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning.
• commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team.
• high level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and other teachers.
Essential Criteria • Applicants for this position must be practising Catholics and must provide the name and contact number of their Parish Priest with their application. Note: New Scheme and Returning Teachers are required to be members of BOSTES. Teachers who have worked in a NSW school since 1 October 2004, and have not had a break from teaching of more than 5 years, do not currently need to be accredited.
Finishing Date 20/12/16
Conditions of Employment Salary is in accordance with the NSW and ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2015.
Applications Close 20/10/2015
Enquiries Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter to the contact person.
Contact Name Telephone
Michael Blake 6578 9600
College Principal (K-12)
St Catherine's Catholic College
30-40 Combo Lane
Fax: 6578 9699
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese. Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.