ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Instructors Needed for Osaka, Japan English Village: November & December 2015
Date 2015-10-24 23:10:13 Location : Asia:Japan
Opening November 2015 as part of the Osaka ExpoCity development in Suita City (Osaka Prefecture), the Osaka English Village is looking for dedicated native full-time and part-time English speaking teachers who embody integrity, professionalism, and a love of teaching people of all ages. Serving as facilitators in an immersive American English environment, selected candidates will help visitors develop their language skills in real-world experience centers designed to both entertain and educate.
Working under the direction of an English speaking academic supervisor, instructors will be required to make use of (and adapt) existing materials and lesson plans in ways to encourage communicative, real-world exchanges between visitors and instructional staff. Prior experience in non-traditional classroom settings, and those with a drama/theatre, physical education, music, or English education background is preferred.
• Native speaker of English.
• Hold an undergraduate (or higher) degree from an accredited university in North America.
• Prior experience with mixed EFL age groups (preferred).
• Hold a TEFL/TESOL certificate (preferred).
Contract & Working Hours
• Full time: One year, renewable contract. Eight teaching hours per day, five days per week (two consecutive
days off per week). Morning, afternoon, and evening blocks when necessary.
Contract completion bonus of ￥100,000.
• Part-time: Minimum three-month contract. Working hours and days may vary.
• Start dates: late November - early December (depending on need for visa issuance).
• Full time: ￥210,000 - 250,000 per month, depending on relevant qualifications and experience. Overtime rates are
consistent with Japanese labor regulations.
• Part-time: ￥2,000 / hour for part-time staff, up to 60 hours per month.
Paid Holidays & Sick Days (for full-time staff)
• 25 days per year
• 5 sick days (reimbursed on pro rata basis if not used).
• Actual transportation costs to and from home when in Japan (for all staff).
• Instructors will be paid 50% of their regular monthly salary, or according to their hourly rates if part-time.
To apply for a position, please submit the following documents to the Osaka English Village recruiting coordinator
1. Cover letter and resume (with employer contact information).
2. Scanned copy of your university diploma.
3. Scanned copy of the picture page of your passport.
4. A recent photo.
Selected candidates will be required to participate in onsite paid training.