ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teach in Mogadishu, Somalia
Date 2015-11-05 08:11:35 Location : Africa
CAREER OPPORTUNITY WITH SIMAD UNIVERSITY ENGLISH SKILLS PROGRAM
Simad University is currently seeking qualified Instructors of English as an Additional Language to join our teaching team in the English Skills Program starting next year in February, 2016.
The English Skills Program, which is part of the newly formed Institute of Modern Languages, developed in partnership with Ednastics, is an in-sessional English program that improves the academic English and study skills of Simad University students for greater success in their degree programs and beyond. Based on the latest best practices on second language teaching and learning, the curriculum will allow students to effectively function in and graduate from a university with English as the principal language of instruction. Students will also learn a wide range of skills including critical thinking and study skills, which are all vital for students to perform well in any undergraduate program offered nationally or internationally. The program uses an integrated curriculum, which means students will learn all English skills together through relevant, exciting, and meaningful content. Students will listen and read extensively using English language labs as well as meaningful supplementary reading materials.
Position Title: English Language Instructor
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant area (TESL, English, Education, Linguistics, Arts, etc.)
• Basic IT skills
• Postgraduate certificate, diploma or MA/M.Ed. in TESL or Applied Linguistics
• Previous experience teaching English
• International/multicultural experience
• 20 teaching hours/week
• 15 office hours /week (includes meetings, PD, student support, marking and prep.)
• Competitive salary based on level of education and experience
• Accommodation in security-enhanced community
• One month paid vacation per year and public holidays
• Round trip flight to home city per year
• Local health care coverage
Interested applicants, please send CV and cover letter
Interviews for qualified applications will be conducted through Skype or telephone