ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Full-time Teacher Needed in Gifu City, Japan
Date 2015-12-19 23:12:00 Location : Asia:Japan
Position: Full-time teacher
Starting date: Early March 2016
Location: Gifu City, Gifu Prefecture, Japan.
Working schedule: 5 days a week (Tuesday-Saturday)
Thank you for considering a job at the Bohme English Academy. This position mostly involves teaching adults in group general English classes or business classes, and there is a small number of kids classes. You will also teach private students. Most of the classes will be at our school and a couple of kids classes at one of our off-site branches.
* Applicants with teaching degrees, and/or industry recognized qualifications such as the CELTA will be highly favoured.
* We are looking for a teacher who is flexible and adaptable and has the ability/desire to teach a wide range of students.
* We would like applicants to have experience in the field of business and test English.
*An ability to work independently is also very important. While we will train successful candidates, we recognize that every teacher is different and has strengths in different areas. With this in mind we want our teachers to use their own teaching style & methods to create fun and exciting classes for our students.
* The school is located in Gifu City, Gifu Prefecture. Gifu is a city of around 450,000 people and can be the gateway to the countryside and scenery of Japan. The area is famous for its traditional practices such as cormorant fishing, and its hot spa towns. It is a 20 minute train ride from the big city of Nagoya, and all the shopping, dining, entertainment that a big Japanese city entails.
* Our classrooms are fully equipped with unlimited internet access, video / audio access and countless supplementary materials.
* Our class size limits are as follows:
6-10 year olds - 8 student limit
11-16 year olds - 8 student limit
Adult classes - 9 student limit
* Most classes are 50 minutes in length, but some of our business and conversation classes are longer.
* Teaching materials are provided, but we actively encourage our teachers to create their own lesson materials as well.
- Native English speaker.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- TESOL / ESL training and experience in an ESL setting.
- The ability to plan enjoyable, high quality lessons for a variety of classes.
- Possess a positive attitude.
* Please specify in your cover letter when you are available to start.
* Please also specify if you are currently residing in Japan and provide us with two references
- Experience living overseas for a minimum of 6 months.
- Japanese is an asset, as is any other second language.
- The ability to adhere to curriculum planning deadlines.
- International drivers license.
- Starting salary: 250,000 yen per month.
- Performance bonuses.
- Fully furnished and spacious shared staff house/apartment (depends on school). ¥40,000 / month plus shared utilities and internet, as well as refundable deposits.
- Visa sponsorship.
- Travel bonus, as well as a contract completion bonus.
- Company will provide a cell phone if needed - call charges to be paid by you.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a cover letter explaining about your experience, why you want to come to Japan and recent photo to: