ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
EFL Young Learner and Young Adult Teaching Position in Tangier, Morocco
Date 2016-02-21 00:02:56 Location : Africa
• Native speaker of English with US, Canadian, UK or Australian citizenship
• B.A. + CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL, TESOL or an equivalent 120-hour, classroom-based course TEFL certification with practical teaching with real learners
• At least one year of overseas EFL teaching experience (full-time)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• 158-188 Dirhams per contact hour (approx. $15.80 – $18.80) (Post-tax monthly salary based on 21-24 contact hours per week paid at 168 Dirhams per hour is between approx. $980 [@70hours/month] and $1,090 [@80hours/month] per month).
• Free 3 star hotel accommodations for up to 14 days after arrival
• Settling in allowance to buy furnishings for apartment (10,000 Dirhams = approximately $1,000)
• Health insurance (80% paid including medical, dental, prescription drugs & hospitalization)
• One month paid vacation
• Survival Arabic language lessons
Reimbursement of airplane ticket to Morocco up to 12,000 Dirhams (approximately $1,200) upon completion of 1 year contract
The American Language Center Tangier is a member of the American Cultural Association, a private, non-profit association with 12 language centers located in Morocco. All classrooms have flat-screen TVs with USB ports, computers, wifi, and AC. Our staff room is stocked with supplementary materials. Our Center has a café for our students & teachers and our annex is equipped with coin-operated coffee machine and microwave.
We are looking for full-time teachers (21-24 contact hours per week) who are familiar with and supportive of the communicative approach to language acquisition. This includes a student-centered classroom with regular, varied pair work and group work activities. We are interested in teachers who keep teacher talk time to a minimum and manage students’ time effectively.
Other opportunities available:
• Lead clubs for students - weekly meetings conducted in English on a wide variety of topics (such as US History & Culture or Movies).
• Assist with projects such as exam proofreading and involvement in our community service associations
Professional development opportunities offered through the ALC include in-house workshops and the annual all-ALC conference.