ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Make a Big Impact in Costa Rica!
Date 2016-05-06 20:05:58 Location : Central America
English Volunteers for Change (EVOLC) in Costa Rica is looking for friendly, enthusiastic TEFL/TESOL or CELTA certified teachers to give English lessons in this amazing country.
When volunteer teachers arrive, they will participate in an intensive orientation at our office in Costa Rica's capital city, San José. Upon finishing orientation, volunteers will be taken to their teaching communities.
Volunteer teachers will live with friendly local host families during their time in Costa Rica. They will be responsible for teaching English classes part-time (20 hours/week) and have the rest of their time free to plan their lessons and enjoy all Costa Rica has to offer!
Courses begin at various times throughout this coming summer and fall. Teachers may choose to commit to a time frame of between 3 and 6 months. These 6 months are some of the best for festivals in Costa Rica giving the teacher a chance to not only live near some of the most beautiful beaches in the country, but to experience real Costa Rican culture!
In exchange for 20 hours of lessons per week with local young adults teachers will receive:
- Lodging with a Costa Rican host family in a private room with wifi access
- 3 meals a day
-Volunteer visa (if volunteering longer and 3 months)
- Local Transportation stipend and airport pickup + Drop off
- Teaching Materials
- An intensive orientation program in San José with hotel stay included and cultural tour of San Jose
- 24-hour, ongoing support
-Real immersion as volunteers become a valued member of their community
- Competitive multicultural, international, and professional experience
- The opportunity to make a measurable difference in the lives of others
• University degree preferred
• TEFL (or equivalent)
• Volunteer and/or professional teaching experience preferred
• Willingness to adapt and a become a member of a new community
• Native English speaker
• Organization and responsibility
• A strong desire to live in another country and learn about Costa Rican Culture
• Commitment to service and volunteerism
• Ability to communicate well with others