ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
General and Business English Instructor in Japan
Date 2016-05-28 02:05:13 Location : Asia:Japan
We mostly instruct adults in business English, ESP, and General English. Lessons are offered in-house and on-site at company locations. Students are typically business people, technical personnel and other professionals, company employees, housewives, some university students and the occasional high/junior-high school student or child (subject to special consideration). Lessons are conducted in small groups (up to 6 in-house and slightly larger at some on-site locations) as well as in private classes. Classes are usually either once a week or twice a week.
A positive, professional attitude is essential for this position. Your demeanor and appearance will also reflect your professional approach to work. You will need to understand what “student centered” lessons are all about and be familiar with sound and current theories and methodologies on teaching communicative English to adults. You will need to be flexibility, adaptable, supportive and have the ability function either within a small team or independently, depending on the situation. We want to work with teachers who take pride in their profession. This position requires a great deal of responsibility as well as a strong work ethic.
You will need to be a university graduate.
A CELTA, DELTA or TESOL certificate would be an advantage.
2 years experience teaching in a foreign country – preferably Japan – will be an advantage also; as would experience teaching Business English.
The job is up to 25 contact lessons within a 40 hours week. We use specialized teaching methodologies that our Instructors are asked to become familiar with, accept and utilize.
* Monthly salary: 250,000 yen per month.
* The school pays health insurance coverage for our full-time staff.
* There are three one-week paid holiday periods during the year; all national holidays are off days as well as two regular days per week.
* Sponsorship for a working visa to Japan is available, if required.
* Crossroads secures a comfortable apartment within a short walk or bike ride from work. We supply basic furniture (fridge, washing machine, kitchen table and chairs, air-con, bedding, etc), and pay the deposit. Our Instructor pays rent and bills (rents range from about 55,000 to 65,000 yen per month).
* All traveling expenses to outside locations are covered by the school.
Crossroads was established in December 1983 in Matsuyama City on Shikoku, Japan. We have been operating without a break ever since. In that time we have taught English communication skills (and recently, many other languages) to thousands of Matsuyama’s citizens and we have enjoyed working with some very talented teachers along the way. While Crossroads is a smallish school with an intimate in-house atmosphere, we have recently been expanding our activities in the Business English field at outside locations.
In 2014 the school re-located to the central business district of Matsuyama. We are situated opposite the Prefecture Government building and other government buildings.
For more information about our school, the job and Matsuyama City, check out our homepage
If you wish to apply for this position please send a complete CV. Include:
1) a cover letter;
2) Your birth date; place of birth and nationality;
3) A contact email address and phone number;
4) Details of your education background;
5) Details of your employment history;
6) Two professional references that can be contacted by phone or email;
7) A recent professional photo (not in casual attire);