ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Lecturer or Assistant Professor
Date 2016-07-08 23:07:23 Location : Asia:Japan
Location: Nisshin-city, Japan
Category: Faculty - Liberal Arts - English as Second Language
Posted: 07/05/2016 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 04/29/2016)
Type: Full Time
The Faculty of Communication at Nagoya University of Commerce and Business ( http://www.nucba.ac.jp/en/) seeks four highly motivated, collegial, responsible and academically-oriented English language teaching scholars for Spring 2017.
Rank: Lecturer or Assistant Professor Level
Date: April 1st 2017
Duties & Responsibilities:
Teaching responsibilities: 7 classes of 100 minutes each per week, focusing on English language and cross-cultural communication with the aim of increasing student TOEIC scores
Non-teaching responsibilities: maintain office hours, provide additional support to students, conduct and publish research, and participate in all official university functions
Active participation in curriculum reform, course adaptation and faculty development
Two-year renewable contract with a highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
Salary will be paid in 14 installments per year (inclusive of a bonus of one month salary paid in July and in December)
Holidays in line with normal Japanese university conventions
Excellent benefits package including private health insurance
One-way airfare provided to Japan from home county and assistance in obtaining a Japanese work visa
To Apply: Please gather the following application materials in electronic form and send them to Professor Tak Uemura (Dean, Faculty of Communication) at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Curriculum vitae including passport-type photo
2. List of academic and other publications
3. Letters of recommendation from current/previous employers
4. Proof of degree qualifications, certificates, etc
5. Statement of teaching and research philosophy and research goals
Application Deadline: September 30th 2016
Applicants who meet the stated criteria will be contacted and invited for an interview (either in person, or by Skype for overseas candidates) and a teaching demonstration (in person if in Japan or by video if overseas).
***Please Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. ABD or Ph.D. / Ed.D. in TESOL /Applied Linguistics (English)
2. English language teaching experience at the higher education level
3. High level of English proficiency.
Additional Desired Qualities:
1. Experience living and working in a country or countries culturally different from one's own
2. Knowledge of and interest in language teaching and learning in Japanese higher education
3. Practical English language teaching qualifications (e.g. certificates and/or diplomas with a practicum assessment)
4. Evidence of workplace collaboration and collegiality
Contact: Nagoya University of Commerce & Business
Email Address: email@example.com