ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
We are looking for a kindergarten homeroom teacher to start ASAP in Trang, Thailand
Date 2016-08-09 20:08:34 Location : Southeast Asia:Thailand
Trang Ruampattana School is a bilingual (English/Thai) School located in Trang province (Southern part of Thailand close to Krabi) teaching students from 3-6 years of age. Trang Ruampattana School uses HighScope Preschool Curriculum combined with Thailand’s Core Curriculum. Our school is spacious, well-resourced, and in a prime location.
Trang Ruampattana School was built on the principle of revolutionizing early childhood education in Thailand, developing a new approach to teaching and learning in bilingual schools. Trang Ruampattana School enables students to study in a creative learning environment with professional teachers to ensure our students are engaged thinkers and eager learners.
Trang Ruampattana School is Western managed and implements a 21st century school management style. Our goal is to create the best working environment for our teachers with spacious classrooms, creative teaching resources, air conditioned rooms, and class sizes not exceeding 25 students.
In addition, our native English teachers will be assisted by one Thai teacher with qualifications and experience in Early Childhood education. We seek to promote a team working environment and respect our teachers as educational professionals.
Trang Ruampattana School promotes extra curricula learning and after school classes which allows our teachers to earn additional income and gain more experience.
We encourage our teachers to take ownership and be creative in their classroom, creating their own learning areas and developing their own materials, along with using Trang Ruampattana School materials.
This is a unique career opportunity for teachers and we seek only motivated and dedicated teachers who take pride in their teaching career and enjoy working with children.
Key Job Description
– Plan and teach classes using an integrated studies approach, ensuring lessons cover all key developmental indicators that cover, literacy, mathematics, social studies, physical development and health, creative arts, and physical development.
– Maintain and regularly update appropriate and vibrant displays both inside and outside the classroom to ensure a creative environment.
– Deliver lessons and manage the classroom following Trang Ruampattana School teaching and learning philosophy and our curriculum.
– Design classroom activities that encourage ‘active participatory learning’, encouraging students to be creative, curious, independent, cooperative, and persistent. In addition, ensuring students can make decisions and solve problems.
– Design a creative classroom layout and materials and set the core goal of encouraging adult-child interaction.
– Make sure the daily routine complies with Trang Ruampattana School components to ensure students follow a consistent and structured routine.
– Mark and assess student work in accordance with marking policies.
– Assess students learning and progress on an ongoing basis and use assessment to inform planning.
– Keep assessment files up to date ensuring examples of students’ work are filed every term in accordance with guidelines.
– Communicate with the Thai teachers daily making sure there is a strong team working culture and a professional working relationship.
– Update your teacher binders keeping daily routines filled, material content recorded for future use, and keep a clean and organized workspace.
– Participate in school events, holidays, school trips, and any other school activities.
1. 12-month contract
2. We handle the acquisition of your Non-Immigrant B Visa, Work Permit and Teacher License
3. Assist with finding accommodation
4. Orientation of living in Trang (where to eat, buy groceries, go shopping, register with a hospital and pay bills etc.)
5. 38,000 – 40,000 Baht per month salary
6. AIA Insurance
7. 20 days annual leave per year
8. Contract completion bonus
9. Performance related salary increase
10. Work from home policy during school breaks
11. Internal training
Trang is a beautiful province in the South of Thailand. It is located two hours from Krabi and four hours from Phuket. Trang has its own airport which Nok Air and Air Asia fly to and from daily.
Even though Trang is not a beach front city, you can travel to many extraordinary islands with ease such as; Koh Lipe, Koh Mook, Koh Kradan which are 1-2 hours’ drive. In addition, a very popular island called Hat Yai is only 2-3 hours by mini bus, taxi or bus.
The opportunity to visit these beautiful islands at a very affordable price makes Trang a very unique and special province in Thailand.
However, Trang offers a lot more than being a pathway to the local islands. Trang is a beautiful, clean, safe, and friendly place to live at very low cost. Trang citizens are very friendly and always happy to meet and help foreigners.
You can easily travel around Trang by Tuk-Tuk or motorbike for 10-20 BHT. You can enjoy the local sports complex, spa, department stores, or simply a walk in the park. In addition, Trang is famous for its large variety of foods available all day.
Trang is an upcoming province in Thailand and local government and community have been investing in modernizing the province. Trang has a very unique culture which makes it a very special place to live.