ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teach in Colombia in 2017!
Date 2016-08-13 22:08:58 Location : South America
Placements are available to teach conversational English in one of two ways:
co-teach with a local Colombian teacher in 9-11th grade public school classrooms or at adult vocational training centers. Participants are required to teach 20-25 classroom hours and put in an additional 15-20 hours of classroom prep, grading, office hours, and staff meetings per week.
Placement locations may include, but are not limited to, the following cities: Armenia, Barranquilla, Bogotá, Bucaramanga, Buga, Cartagena, Cartago, Espinal, Floridablanca, Girón, Itagüí, Ibagué, Manizales, Medellín, Miraflores, Montería, Mosquera, Neiva, Pereira, Sabaneta, Santa Marta, Valledupar, Villavicencio, and Zipaquirá. Our placements are based upon the needs and availability of the partner programs in various cities in Colombia.
API Program Includes:
- Guaranteed teaching placement ?
- Monthly stipend of $1,500,000 Colombian pesos ?
- 24/7 Pre-departure and local English-speaking support ?
- Airport pick-up and transfer on designated arrival date ?
- Visa and work permit processing fees ?
- Two-week orientation in Bogota and one-week training in host city with shared accommodations, meals, and activities
- Domestic transportation to placement city (Baggage fees are not included)
- First month of housing (or stipend) in placement city ?
- Cultural activities and excursions ?
- National Colombian health insurance
- Supplemental International medical, life, and travel insurance
- Final bonus of $500,000 COP to those completing a semester of service; $1,500,000 COP bonus to those completing a full year of service?
- A pair of TOMS Shoes or a Krama Wheel scarf upon completion of your program and evaluations. (Visit the API website to read more about these two organizations and their wonderful missions of giving back to communities around the world!) ?
- Minimum 21 years old; maximum 55 years old
- Native or fluent English speaker
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline (or minimum five years full-time professional experience without a BA degree)
- Teaching/tutoring or classroom experience (not required, but helpful)
- Basic Spanish language skills (not required, but helpful)
- Enjoy leading groups and teaching young adults and/or professionals
- Lesson planning and organizational skills
- High degree of professionalism and flexibility
- Open to foreign cultures and living abroad
- Dedication to the full term of commitment
- A criminal background check
January/February to November/December, 2017
March to November, 2017 (or)
June/July to November/December, 2017
Application/Program Fee: only US$350, which includes all the benefits listed above, including international medical and life insurance whose coverage meets levels required by the Colombian government.
Application Deadline: Placements are first-come, first-approved, so apply now!
Final deadlines are:
January/February start – November 20, 2016
March start - February 1, 2017
June/July start – April 15, 2017.