ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Full-time Head Teacher/Principal Needed in Kisauni, Zanzibar Island, Tanzania, East Africa
Date 2016-12-10 01:12:41 Location : Africa
• BSZ School provides:
- Living allowance
- housing allowance
- Resident and work permit expenses
- renewable contract for 1 year
- hot lunch throughout the school open days
- Health insurance for you, spouse and children
- Free pay school fees for your own children
Responsibilities & Qualifications.
The successful candidate will need to:
- show genuine interest and passion for working with children
- have knowledge and experience of programming and planning for children aged [3-14] years
- be able to observe and record children's learning and development
- be enthusiastic about teaching and able to demonstrate a genuine care for individual students
- Providing leadership for the other teachers through consultation and create conducive environment for teachers to accomplish their duties.
- Assigning specific duties to each teacher managing class and school timetable as a whole, handling employee absence, responsible for selecting , organizing special occasions, events, trips, and emergencies and providing teachers with any necessary information.
- Implementing curriculum for the entire school and assessing this curriculum as well.
- Ensure that all teachers are performing well on their duties as well as heading towards accomplishments of the designed curriculum.
- Assisting teachers on setting up assessment test at the end of each term.
- Ensure that all teachers must complete performance appraisal as required.
- Provide professional assistance to any teacher with challenges and difficulties on dealing with student.
- Other duties that may depend on the size and specific appointment include providing disciplinary action to teachers and students with consultation to Director
- Monitoring students progress.
- Act as an active link between teachers and directors on dealing with challenges and proposals for school developments.
- Together with School Directors convene and lead mentoring meetings once a week providing an opportunity for teacher :-
- to consolidate a shared understanding role, responsibilities and professional support available.
•to participate in focused training.
•to mentor and coach each other and celebrate success.
- Spend time in each class to develop teachers understanding of the British Curriculum education system with practical activities, plan for change and build relationship between classes.
- Help teachers to meet the needs of the school and strive to surpass the expectations of students and parents.
- Help children with difficulties in the class by providing special tuition for them to cope with others.
- Cover teachers class position in case of any emergency that may occur.
- Ordering and distribute text books
According to Zanzibar Ministry of Education, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree of Education, psychology or Sociology and be native in English Language.