ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Career Opportunity with Northstar College in Hargeisa, Somaliland
Date 2017-03-21 17:03:34 Location : Africa
DEPARTMENT: English Language Program, Northstar College, Hargeisa
DEADLINE: Open until Filled
STARTING DATE: May 2017
ABOUT NORTHSTAR COLLEGE
Northstar College, Hargeisa is currently seeking qualified English instructors to join our diverse international faculty starting May 1st, 2017. Programs at Northstar College are designed to enhance student lives by preparing them for university education and equipping them with communication, academic, research and career skills for a sustainable, more productive lives in their communities and beyond.
Located in the heart of Hargeisa, Northstar College is the first of its kind in the region with the mission to empower students with language skills and demand-driven competencies that make a real difference in the lives of its graduates. Based on best practices in language acquisition and using cutting edge technology with inspiring resources, we offer skills-based English Programs for adults, teens and children along with career, academic, research and business communication skills that are designed to show immediate results right after completion. We are currently looking for teachers with versatile background and teaching abilities to teach a wide range of skills-based courses to adults, teens and language and literacy courses for school-aged children.
If you enjoy working and growing with a young progressive institution in one of the most resilient and culturally rich communities in the world, we would love to hear from you!
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, TESOL or a related field.
• Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma in TESOL (Masters preferred).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous classroom teaching experience.
• High degree of digital literacy.
• The ability and desire to work with language learners, showing empathy and awareness of challenges and knowledge of curricular objectives.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills – able to promote a collaborative team atmosphere.
• Skill in developing curriculum responsive to the needs of NC students.
• A positive attitude, a kind regard for others, and a good sense of humour.
• Full Time (40 hours per week)
o 25 instructional (classroom) hours
o 15 office hours (includes meetings, PD, student support, marking and prep time)
• Tax-free salary based on level of education and experience (range: $1500-$2500 per month)
• Accommodation in security-enhanced community
• One month paid vacation per year and public holidays
• Round trip flight to home city per year
• Local health care coverage