ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
English teaching and editing internship in Peru with free board and lodging
Date 2017-04-11 19:04:15 Location : South America
Our small school in North Peru which will be your work place and home during your internship is located in Pimentel, the bathing resort of Chiclayo (the forth biggest city in Peru). This allows you living in a relaxed athmosphere while having the big city next to your living place.
During your internship you will teach individual or small classes to Peruvian natives who are just starting to learn English. According to prior agreement and your predisposition it is also possible to teach other subjects (basic level). Additionally you will help us to write daily texts for our blog, website or facebook page about interesting topics. Your daily work schedule will be round about 4 hours, when you will take part in our free Spanish classes and normal 8 hours without Spanish classes.
• Teach a daily English class to our Peruvian staff in very small group(s) according to agreement round about 2 hours Monday to Friday – also possible is one hour coaching in different and interesting subjects and / or homework help in other subjects like maths (really very basic)
• Create at least one interesting English text about different topics and help us in English editing (in total 2 hours) or working 8 hours without taking part in Spanish classes
• Help us e.g. reviewing English text
Requirements and what we expect from you:
• Native English speaker
• TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certification (course can be in progress at the time of application) OR
you are studying or have studied English as a foreign language, English, or a specialisacion in a related field OR you have a lot of experience in teaching English to foreigners
• Your English is excellent and fluent in spoken and written
• You are higly motivated to write English text and help editing
• You should be a motivated person in general, creative and able to work in a small international team as also on your own
Your Benefits and what we offer you:
• Free accommodation with fellow interns and Spanish students, double room or dormitory in our Student Residence directly at the Beach of Pimentel – nice rooms, occupancy depends on availibity you can also have a single room
• Internet access in your accommodation
• Free participation in our Spanish language course for 20 hours a week upon availibity (means you can join whenever we have courses with your level for free)
• Free board (Fullboard with three meals during weekdays and two meals with brunch and dinner on weekends)
• Participation in our events for free (e.g. Salsa, Fitness, etc) or at a nominal cost (weekly excursions) if they are outside your working hours
• Free luggage deposit if you wish to travel after your internship
• Besides your daily English lesson you can plan the rest of your work and according to prior agreement also home office is possible
Visa: None – if you want to apply for a Visa e.g. for a longer stay than 3 months we can help you concerning the process
Guarantee: All board, accommodation as also activities or Spanish classes (if you take part) are for free for you! To enter the internship program and housing a deposit (guarantee) of 400 USD has to be paid at arrival when you enter the student residence. After completion of the accorded program and your check out the guarantee will be paid back for sure.
Minimum Duration: 3 months or more
Start date: Open