ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Associate Director of ESL
Date 2017-08-10 19:08:26 Location : North America
Provide leadership for innovative curriculum development and delivery. Responsible for assisting the Director in developing and administering the functions of the Language Institute.
· Supervises personnel and manages day-to-day department activities.
· Researches, proposes and implements innovations to the curriculum.
· Researches, proposes and implements alternative delivery modes of curriculum, including web-based, distance and hybrid teaching.
· Researches and proposes new markets for Language Institute programming.
· Participates in directing the strategic planning, development and implementation of programs offered at the Language Institute.
· Develops and conducts presentations to generate and enhance awareness of the Institute as needed.
· Conducts research, designs new initiatives, and recommends changes to improve the operations and services offered at the Institute.
· Organizes, leads and facilitates activities and meetings, including the creation of agendas, preparation of materials, and collection of evaluation data.
· Conducts faculty meetings and in-service training meetings.
· Establishes teaching schedules; organizes and coordinates the testing, placement and scheduling of students and classes.
· Coordinates budget requests for instructional programs.
· Participates in hiring, orientation, mentoring, observation, and evaluation of support staff.
· Collaborates with various university offices regarding the preparation and generation of reports, proposals, and recommendation related to retention and long range planning for the department.
· Works with faculty and academic divisions in developing, administering, and coordinating resources for students.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree from an accredited university in English, ESL, Linguistics, educational technology or in closely related field.
Doctoral degree from an accredited university in English, ESL, Linguistics, educational technology or in closely related field.
· Three (3) years of directly job-related experience in higher education, student development, or teaching ESL, or
· One (1) year of the required experience with a doctoral degree from an accredited university in English, ESL, Linguistics, educational technology or in closely related field.
Supervisory experience; experience in distance education. Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Knowledge of second language acquisition theories and principles. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Ability to manage, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks in an efficient and timely manner while maintaining focus on organizational goals and maximizing resources.
Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification may render the position security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215 Texas Education Code.
The above statements do not supersede or replace any statements made in the UTRGV Handbook of Operating Procedures or elsewhere which prescribe the role, responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel assigned to this job title, nor are they intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job title. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this job title. Administration/management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief HR Officer.
Internal Number: SRGV2782