ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teach ESL English at a Maasai school in Tanzania!
Date 2017-10-08 19:10:58 Location : Africa
Red Sweater Project is accepting applications for an ESL/ELL English Teacher to instruct beginning, intermediate and advanced English language courses at the Mungere School. The aim them is to engage them to speak, read, write and understand English.
Mungere students live in a remote community, where English is rarely spoken and primary school is taught in the local language of Swahili. Yet, Tanzanian secondary school curriculum is in English medium and the language barrier can be a significant obstacle to learning. Teachers engage students to actively participate in English classes and extra-curricular activities designed to broaden skills.
Term I: January 8 - June 1, 2018*
Term II: July 9 - December 7, 2018*
*ability to combine terms to extend service
• Engage students through interactive pedagogy through creative curriculum development, innovative lesson planning and classroom activities that are stimulating, active and project-based
• Assess and monitor student learning outcomes using various methods, while adhering to the local examination systems
• Assist with coordinating extra-curricular activities and clubs, including athletics
• Assist with school administrative development and ongoing instructor development as requested
• Minimum bachelor’s degree
• 2 years classroom experience minimum
• ESL certification (TEFL, CELTA, or equivalent) preferred
• Commitment to interactive and engaging education
• Professionalism and passion
• Experience traveling, living and/or teaching abroad preferred
• Interest in East Africa’s indigenous cultures and traditions
• Ability to live in a developing community
• Flexibility to work individually and as part of a diverse team
• Humility. We require individuals joining our growing institution combine leadership skills with good humor, patience and a humble approach to service
How WE Pitch In:
• We pick you up at Kilimanjaro Airport and transport you to your new home
• We arrange and furnish housing
• We provide orientation, familiarizing you with life in Tanzania and office operations
• We do NOT charge volunteer program fees
• We provide a computer (but welcome and encouraged to bring your own)
• We provide assistance with travel planning and arrangements
• We welcome your input and value your suggestions
How YOU Pitch In:
• You use your passion and experience to the benefit of students
• You cover your living expenses (USD $200-300/month average)
• You pay for your airfare, immunizations, and visas (between USD $300-800)
• You pay for your health insurance and medical expenses (if any)
• You agree to follow our volunteer conduct and safety policy
Work, With A Side of ADVENTURE
As you experience life in a remote tribal community and explore Tanzania’s scenery and wildlife, it is difficult not to fall in love with the country and its people. Mungere Village is nestled in Africa’s Great Rift Valley, a short distance from Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, the Serengeti Plains and other unique destinations.
Travel further from the village to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro or relax on the beaches of Zanzibar Island.