ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
(Top 3 in China) ESL/EFL Teachers needed at International Campus, Zhejiang University
Date 2017-11-14 18:11:29 Location : Asia:China
Founded in 1897, Zhejiang University is one of China's oldest and most prestigious institutions of higher education. It is a member of the C9 League, the Yangtze Delta Universities Alliance and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities.
About International Campus
To explore new models of higher education that combines the best practices of the east and the west, learn from world's advanced educational experiences, and cultivate talents with innovative minds and international vision, Zhejiang University began to build its International Campus in February, 2013, and started to recruit students in September, 2016.
There are now two joint institutes on campus: joint institute of Zhejiang University and University of Edinburgh (ZJU-UoE Institute) and joint institute of Zhejiang University and University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (ZJU-UIUC Institute). In addition, there is the Institute of China Studies, offering Master’s degree, Philosophy-Mathematics-Economics (PME) Program offering Bachelor’s degree and Program of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Global Leadership (PIEGL) offering master’s degree.
International Campus is located in Haining, a city about 70 kilometers away from Hangzhou, covering a land area of approximately 80 hectares and has a total floor area of 399,300 square meters.
Learn more about International Campus: http://www.intl.zju.edu.cn/en
About Language Center
Since English will be the medium of instruction on the International Campus, the Language Center is dedicated to providing a supportive language learning environment and enhancing students' English proficiency, especially communicative competence in academic settings. Through a variety of classes and activities, the Language Center also aims at cultivating students with creativity, intercultural awareness, critical thinking skills, and life-long learning ability.
• Position: Full-time academic English instructor at Language Center
• Teach English to the best undergraduate students in China
• Location: Haining, Zhejiang Province
• Term: 1-2 years, August 2018 to June 2019/2020 (for two-year contract)
• Workload: 40 hours/week , including 16-18 lecture hours/week
• Teaching integrated English classes training four basic skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing
• Teaching academic writing courses
• Teaching a variety of classes including literature, creative writing, intercultural communication, newspaper reading, debate, art, etc.
• Organizing events, activities and workshops to create an encouraging language learning environment and enhance students' motivation in learning English
• Master's degree or above with TESOL or TEFL certificate (or equivalent certificate)
• Native English speaker from USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
• At least three years’ experience of English language teaching at university level (TESOL or Academic English Program preferred)
Salary & Benefits
We offer a highly competitive salary & benefits package, including monthly salary, bonus, living allowance, travel allowance and basic medical insurance.