ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teach Online with Regular, Fixed Schedule & Guaranteed Pay
Date 2018-02-25 18:02:13 Location : Other
You will be teaching an individual student, or groups of up to six, in a virtual classroom (VC). All lesson content is provided in the form of a PDF file, so there is little preparation required. A standard lesson would include going through pre-taught vocabulary - to focus on pronunciation, understanding and the ability to use independently - and supporting your students to gain confidence in speaking. Student feedback can be completed during lesson time, so there is no additional admin time required.
As a First Future teacher, you will be working on a fixed schedule. This means that you have guaranteed hours and a guaranteed minimum income. For example, if your project was for weekday evenings, 6 - 9 p.m., then, as an absolute minimum, you would be paid your base rate for 15 hours each week. At First Future, you are paid in full even if a lesson hasn't been booked during your shift, or if students don't show up.
In addition to your fixed schedule, you can also register for additional flexi-classes to boost your income. You can add / change your availability for flexi-classes yourself on a daily basis.
We work with several hundred organizations, so specifics vary. On average, adult lessons are for 45 minutes, so there is one lesson per hourly time slot, with a 15 minute break. Young learner lessons are 25 minutes on average, so there would be two lessons per hourly time slot.
- Degree (may be overlooked for strong applicants with CELTA or equivalent)
- 12 months' teaching experience or TEFL certificate
- Laptop or desktop PC ... the work cannot be performed on a tablet or phone
- High-quality USB headset and webcam
- Fixed cable internet connection of at least 3 Mbps download & 2 Mbps upload
- or Wi-Fi connection of at least 5 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload
- You must be able to work in a quiet place, with a clear, tidy background
- Clear speaking voice, with no strong regional accent
- Able to come across as lively and friendly on camera
- Happy to teach a mix of children, adults, 1-on-1 and group classes