ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Enthusiastic and qualified English Language teachers for weekends
Date 2018-04-09 14:04:35 Location : Asia:Korea
* Korean working visas are NOT sponsored (F visa holders preferred)
* Must hold a passport from an English-speaking country; UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa
* University degrees must be from a country where English is the nation's first language.
[Skills & Knowledge & Experience]
ESSENTIAL - Cambridge CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent (this must include face-to-face teaching practice)
- High proficiency in English i.e. full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user (CEFR C2) IELTS Band 8/9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module
- Undergraduate / university degree
2 years full-time experience with a variety of levels including Adult classes.
Experience in teaching relevant age groups
- Adults General English 18+ (960+ hours)
- Classroom management
- Course and lesson planning
- Subject knowledge
- Understanding your learners
- Learning technologies
1. Plan, prepare, and deliver high quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups taking into account individual learning styles
2. Monitor progress and provide regular feedback to help manage students' performance throughout the course and actively promote learner autonomy
3. Contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials, and related services in order to meet students' needs by actively working as a member of the teaching team
4. Complete teaching related administrative tasks to specified standards
5. Engage in professional development and performance management to ensure quality and high standards in teaching and learning and maintain British Council's position at the forefront of best ELT practices
6. Contribute to the development of lasting, mutually beneficial relationships by enhancing students' understanding of contemporary UK
7. Support local marketing and promotional strategy and assist the teaching centre team in delivering excellent customer service
8. Ensure safeguarding and guidelines are applied and upheld in line with standards and policy for the following areas:
- Child protection
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Health and safety
[Context and Environment]
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Through English teaching, we are able to directly impact on individuals’ lives by creating life changing opportunities, breaking down barriers and helping to build trust worldwide.
The English business unit’s goals are to deliver more widespread and better quality English language teaching. The opportunity to do this in Korea is based on the huge demand for English from a hard-working and aspirational audience.
The British Council Korea has expanded rapidly over the past five years and is now based in seven locations across Seoul. The head office is located near City Hall, in the historical, cultural and political centre of Seoul and our three Adult Teaching Centres are based in Euljiro, a short walk from City Hall; Gangnam, a lively, commercial area, south of the Han River; and Jamsil a popular area in the east side of Seoul. Our Adult Teaching Centres run myClass courses only and we currently have more than 2800 students studying with us with more growth planned for the future. More information about myClass can be found on our homepage.
Other important features or requirements of the job
Our Teaching Centres operate across a seven-day week with classes running between 7am and 10pm. Each class is 90 minutes long and the number of classes you teach will depend on availability.
Adult classes are generally held in the mornings and evenings. Weekends are busy for Adults and the British Council is in need for hourly paid teachers who will be able to work as per our operational need, typically involving weekend shifts.
There is a strong teacher development program in place featuring both regular in-house training and external qualifications for Adults (DELTA) and Young Learners (TYLEC). The British Council Korea offers support both financially and non-financially for qualified and suitable teachers who agree to the terms and conditions in place.
UK nationals need to apply for a UK DBS check. Nationals of other countries need to provide an enhanced disclosure from that country. In addition, all new teachers must acquire a police check from their current country of residence.
Closing Date: on-going
Required Hours: 12 hours per week (negotiable)
Salary information: KRW 40,000 – 48,500 per hour according to teacher qualification / experience