ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
English TEFL Trainee Teacher intermediate course
SPRING COURSE DATES: 29TH MARCH TO 29TH JULY 2016
Increase your employability as an EFL teacher through this unique opportunity to learn, travel and teach, whilst studying for a TEFL-YL certification in and around the Austrian Alps. The course puts a strong emphasis on the implementation of CLIL and young learner education techniques and methods. As a trainee on an intensive teacher training course, together with your teaching practice group, you will learn to teach English as a foreign language to young learners from the ages of 8 to 15. Trainees will gain experience teaching in more than twenty different schools while living in different locations in Austria. Course participants will also add to their theoretical knowledge behind language acquisition, teaching skills, language awareness and working with young learners. Experience using technology to teach via an online Virtual Learning Environment is also provided.
The main campus is located in the Austrian Lake District (the region made famous by the “Sound of Music” movie), but college apartments in Vienna, Graz and other locations provide trainees with easy access to students all across Austria and beyond. The English Teacher Training College and its associated Bilingual Classroom Initiative (ABCi) is a not-for-profit Austrian College with a dual mission: Firstly, as a college and as an official Cambridge English Exam Preparation Centre, to provide a practical education in teacher training for trainees from the English-speaking world based solely on the candidate's academic merit. Secondly, as a charity outreach, to promote language learning, cultural exchange and foster understanding between English-speaking countries and Austria by bringing hundreds of teachers from England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia into Austrian classrooms to reach every child with a free English project by the year 2020. The College has a special focus on bringing free English projects to rural and often otherwise overlooked children in the alpine region.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- TEFL-YL Course including:
- Specific preparation training to achieve the highest band in five TKT exams (see below)
- Cambridge English TKT examination and certification (Modules 1,2,3, CLIL and Young Learners)
- Red Cross First Aid training and certification
- Extended training in communicative teaching, project work, game-based learning and task-based learning techniques
- Over 30 hours of observed and assessed feedback, including video feedback, feedback from senior tutors, feedback from peers and observing a more experienced teacher.
- Ample opportunities to gain EFL classroom teaching experience
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Course-related travel costs in Austria
For further information, please see our website: www.english-teacher-college.at/intermediate
- Experience teaching English and working with children
- A TEFL certification or equivalent
- 21 years of age or over. Candidates aged 18-20 will be assessed on a case by case basis
- Native speaker level of fluency in English
- Experience in a non-traditional teaching environment such as summer camps, youth groups or outdoor education will be advantageous, however all candidates are considered
- TEFL-YL Course including: