ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Hiring Hundreds of Online English Tutors (ESL)
Please go to the following website to apply on line
ALO7.com was founded by Pengkai Pan, who holds a PHD from Media Lab of MIT. Its initial angel investors include digital pioneer Professor Nicholas Negroponte, who is MIT Media Lab Founder, and several international venture capital companies, including Fortunate 500 companies, Qualcomm Inc. https://www.altassets.net/private-equity-news/by-news-type/deal-news/qualcomm-ventures-leads-10m-series-c-for-chinas-alo7.html
ALO7 is the largest digital ELT (English Language Teaching) product and solutions provider in China with more than 10M registered users and more than 5,000 partner schools over 200 cities. We are revolutionizing the way English is learned and taught throughout China, from how schools are managed to how schools and homes are connected in the mobile Internet age.
ALO7 aims to be the largest online education platform in 2018 as large educational institutions in China are all Alo7’s partners. Currently these partner schools are using Alo7’s digital curriculum in the classroom setting and they start to offer Alo7’s online tutoring services to their existing student bases with an aggregated number of easily exceeding one million.
Responsibilities / Job Descriptions:
Tutors will tutor English as a Second Language to overseas students (age 5 to 15). Tutors will be provided with opportunities of experiencing Alo7’s cutting edge tutoring platform and interactive content:
- Easy operation
- Fun & interactive,
- Combination of arts and technology
- A reflection of MIT Media Lab experiences.
Tutoring sessions might be one-on-one, one-on-three, or group sessions.
Your bookings are done by schools and they provide steady # of classes as they have a steady base of students.
The class you tutor is the review of what they have learned in the classroom. Such tutoring is very important for the students as they are eager to learn from native English speakers.
The key difference of Alo7 from many other online tutoring platforms is that your students are coming from schools. It is offline to online experience. Your classes will be booked regularly by schools, and you don’t have to worry too much of class number varies week by week, which is quite common with other tutoring platforms.
Available time to tutor:
Your students will be based in Asia, Beijing Time zone.
Peak Tutoring Hours
GMT+ 8, Beijing Time: 6pm to 9pm, All Year Around
This is the time students are at home and can enjoy your tutoring services
All time below is EST and you can make your own time Zone conversion
General rule: If you are in USA, most available hours are in the early morning
If you are in Asia, most available hours are at night
If you are in Europe, most available hours are in the middle of the day.
Monday ~ Sunday
6:00am to 9:00am EST Daylight Saving time
5:00am to 8:00am EST Normal time
Off Peak tutoring time beyond Peaking Tutoring time slots:
Friday and Saturday
6:00pm to 8:00am (Friday and Saturday) Normal Winter time.
5:00pm to 9:00am EST (Friday and Saturday) DST
How Alo7 works:
Tutors can choose a block of time slots within the Peak tutoring time frame and tutor as little as 6 hours per week and as many as 21 hours during Peak tutoring time.
The # of Peak tutoring hours on a weekly basis are proposed by you. Once you commit to the time slots, classes will be booked and you will have a steady of flow of students on a weekly basis.
All applicants will be recommended to tutor for minimum 6 hours per week on a steady basis within peak tutoring time frame.
We also provide other projects to qualified tutors to work such as evaluating teachers' performance, working on some presentations, doing our resume screening. These projects are all paid. Qualified tutors in our program can work more during other time slots which do not have to be peak tutoring time.
A monthly income of $1000 ~ $1500 for this part time independent contractor opportunity out of your own home is achievable with our program for steady and qualified tutors / teachers.
More details are in FAQ:
- English native speakers ( We prefer hiring tutors whose mother language is English and who are native speakers from US, Canada, UK and Australia). That means you were born and grew up in these countries. You can live anywhere in the world, but the association with these 4 countries as a native speaker is a requirement at this point. We may open up to South Africans in the future, but not at this point.
- Foreign language is NOT required for this position. If you don't know any other foreign language, you can still teach English as we have all the developed curriculum for you to use.
-Enrolled in 4 year College program or with a Bachelor's Degree
- If not enrolled in 4 year college program or without a Bachelor's Degree, we require an Associate's Degree and TESOL/EST certification.
- Teaching / tutoring experience is preferred but not required.
- Enjoy teaching through digital media
- Friendly, sociable, dynamic, energetic, compassionate, patient and detail-oriented
- Enjoy working with children
- A quiet room with good lighting;
- A computer with camera;
- Good internet connection;
- Internet speed testing:
- 1 Mbps/2 Mbps (up/down) (Please note the Speed in the FAQ needs to be updated to reflect this number)
You can check your speed using this link
USD$7.5 per completed Class (Base pay) + Additional Service Fee
Each class is 25 minutes long.
Bottom line it is: USD$15 to $22 / Hour.
Additional Service fee to Independent Contractor for 1 to A few (up to 6), and 1 to Many Classes are provided.
- 1 to A few (up to 6) Tutoring: 5% to 10% additional on top of the base Independent Contractor fee per class. Each 1 to 3 class can be paid up to $8.25 per 25-minute session.
- 1 to Many classes: 5% to 35% additional on top of base Independent Contractor fee per class. The definition of 1 to Many classes refers to the classes that students are sitting in an actual classroom instead of logging in from home. Each 1 to Many Class can be paid up to $10.13 per 25 minute session.
- We also provide $5 for cancellation fee if parents / students cancel within 12 hours
- For outstanding tutors who have some extra time during the day, we might offer other freelance opportunities with ALO7, such as writing, presentation development, curriculum development.
- We also offer freelance opportunities like recruiter / trainer to highly qualified tutors if they are willing to take on extra projects.
In general, the pay is about starts with USD$15 per 50 minute to USD $20.25 per 50 minute, which transfer to $18 to $24.30 per hour.
Alo7’s Recruiting Process
Please view our FAQ for the detailed Recruiting process.
If your time permits, we can bring you on board with a week or two.
Please go to the following website to apply on line