ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Communications and Media Coordinator for Maasai School in rural Tanzania, East Africa
Red Sweater Project collaborates with developing communities in the creation of affordable, accessible and innovative educational opportunities for children in rural Tanzania. The organization operates the Mungere School near the town of Mto wa Mbu in the northern Arusha Region.
Working with Red Sweater Project’s Development Team, the Communications & Media Coordinator will assist in telling the story of Red Sweater Project and the Mungere School through the lens of a local presence in Tanzania. Being the eyes and ears on the ground, the position plays a critical role in breathing life into the stories and success of this successful development project.
The position’s main focus is content and story generation, creating and managing a body of content to be effectively leveraged and shared to our growing network of supporters using multiple social media platforms including e-newsletters and website material. This position is best suited for an outgoing personality; a candidate who will get to closely know students, staff, volunteers and local community members.
- Develop and create focus stories relating to individual students, teachers, staff, program partners, local families, volunteers, etc.
- Capture and organize photographs and video content of all organizational-related activities, people and partners
- Manage organization newsfeeds, including content submissions and updates
- Track program progress in written format to be shared through general communications activities
- Assist with preparation and editing of organizational publications
- Draft press releases as necessary
- Serve as school campus visitor liaison
- 2 years minimum work experience with demonstrated passion for communications and story-telling
- Communications field experience
- Experience traveling, working and/or teaching abroad
- Passion for working with youth
- Organization and attention to detail
- Flexibility to work individually and as part of a diverse team
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills
- Interest in East Africa’s indigenous cultures and traditions
- Ability to live in a developing community
- Humility. We require individuals joining our growing organization combine leadership skills with humor, patience and a humble approach to service
- Minimum 3-month commitment
- Shared housing available
- Stipend available depending on experience
- Professional and cultural orientation program (language training options available)
- We do not charge program fees; Volunteers are responsible for their own travel and living costs
Email current resumé/CV and cover letter detailing relevant experience to email@example.com
Work, With A Side of ADVENTURE
As you experience life in a remote tribal community and explore Tanzania’s scenery and wildlife, it is difficult not to fall in love with the country and its people.
Mungere Village is nestled in Africa’s Great Rift Valley, a short distance from Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, the Serengeti Plains and other unique destinations.
Travel further from the village to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro or relax on the beaches of Zanzibar Island.